Is there a mod to revert the Black Star/Black Soul Gem "fix"?

GamerGoddessDin

Title

I feel like the "fix" to Black Soul Gems and The Black Star is not actually a fix but a modification of a Working As Intended vanilla effect and would prefer to not have that fix performed. However I still want all of the other fixes given by the Unofficial Skyrim Patches. This poses a problem for me since the USKP mods don't have a way to disable individual fixes and I have no modding experience for this game, or any others for that matter...

In case it's important I have the Legendary Edition of Skyrim and the Hi-Res Texture Pack official things as well as the Unofficial Patches for all of the official parts installed and enabled.

I'm not aware of any mod that revertes that change actually. Not sure if that fix was done with a script (in which case i couldn't help you) or by CK alone (in which case i could throw together a small mod with tes5edit).

Does anyone know how that fix worked? (edit: per bugtracker it's a script fix. Sorry, can not help you there. In case you care: any mod i could find on the nexus, that changes the way soul gems work, also incorporates this change. They all seem to agree, that this is a valid bug fix.)

Would it be possible to use the non-BSA version of USKP and delete the part of it's code that implements the fix?

If so what part of the file/s would I need to delete and would I need a special program to do so?

It may be possible to extract the original script files from one of the vanilla bsas, but I would heavily advice against it. The uskp script does not only fix this one issue, but at least one other related to soul gems. It is unclear whether such a simple downgrade at this stage would lead to other incompatibilities and may break your game. Best would be if you could get a mod author versed in scripting to revert that one specific change back out and release it as a separate uskp revert mod.

You may find an open ear in one of the soul gem overhaul mod authors or one of the uskp revert mod authors (the former will more likely have the required knowledge in scripting).

USKP Revert mods? There are such things? Where can I find the ones that exist already?

Well, I was actually kind of meaning to ask what part of the files would be the fix for that specific part and if simply removing it would be enough to revert that part but from the way you're talking it sounds like these script mods are a lot more in depth than I thought.