Floating objects

Trogdor

So I walked into Windhelm for the first time this playthrough, and found this.

In case it's not immediately obvious what you're looking at, those weapons, shields, and meat are all just floating there, frozen in place, for no reason. And this is not the only place where I have seen this (though I can't remember where else I saw it, off the top of my head - it's not something that's happening everywhere). I can only assume USKP is the culprit, since I'm not running any kind of city overhaul mod, or anything else that I think could be causing this.

Any idea what's going on here? All I can figure is that this happened because I installed USKP after I had begun this playthrough. If that's the case, I guess I can deal with it..

I have seen this before too, it seems to be unique to the market area of Windhelm. Installing USKP mid-play is never a good idea but it shouldn't be the cause of this

I'm not sure about this, but exactly when did you install USKP.  What was your position (in a Windhelm cell or another exterior/interior cell)?

The engine sometimes produces such oddities. It sometimes adds new objects and references in a manner that is quite unexplainable...

Other examples in Sclerocephalus gallery : here,  here and here.

That isn't a USKP related issue. It's caused by the engine which sometimes will do weird things with items that have the "don't havok settle" flag set. I've had the same exact thing happen before in my game. Those items should go back to normal when the cell resets which is typically 10 (in-game) days.

Notice how the shields, weapons, and pieces of meat are hanging from atop the stands: [screenshot-1] [screenshot-2] They are kept in place like that with the "don't havok settle" flag, which if removed would cause them to fall to the ground instead.