How much has USKP change the MQ?

Leonardo

Recently I've been thinking to start a new game and have another play through of the MQ, but I wonder if this thread is still valid or have USKP changed the MQ to be a non-faction required MQ similar to what both Morrowind and Oblivion has a non faction required MQ except that you need to join the Blades in both games.

If USKP hasn't change that then I dunno if I want to play a faction required MQ a second time and I guess that this is my reason why I haven't played the MQ more than one time since day one.

Being railroaded may suck (for some people) but it's not a bug. The USKP has no reason to consider it one.

That said, it's not actually necessary to join the Thieves Guild or the College in order to complete the MQ.

True but at least I consider it to be an indirect bug sort of a flawed game design and such things never occur in the previous games.

Really?  I thought you have to join the College in order to obtain the Elder Scroll before you could travel back in time and learn the Dragonrend shout in this quest.

It's not strictly necessary. You can bypass the College entirely by going straight to Septimus. Though, admittedly, they didn't leave much of a clue lying around that this is possible. So it's something you'd have to know as the person playing rather than something your character has knowledge of.

In any case, it's not a bug, so it's beyond the USKP's scope to address it. There's also not any sign of any content to provide a hint to get around the College with in-game knowledge so CRF would have nothing to offer here either.

I may have forgot the details about the MQ, but I haven't played it through for almost 3 years now.  Who is this NPC Septimus?