This would be funny (if it wasn't potentially serious)

Screwball

I have a Burglary job for Vex (Ogmund's House, Markarth). So I pick the lock and enter. At this point normality is suspended as I watch all the items, including the quest item, slowly slide off the shelf (on the opposite side of the room) and fall off into Oblivion (or wherever such items go).

Fortunately I made a save just outside. I reloaded several times. Same problem. Closed and restarted Skyrim and loaded the save - same problem.

If anyone would care to grab the Savegame and test it to see if it's my system or not I'd be grateful. If confirmed I'll create a Tracdown issue for it.

Ignore the missing content - it's not relevent.

It's that jeweled goblet issue, which you've already re-reported. Whatever collision tweak was made to it is not correct.

That's an understatement if ever I heard one ;)

Being embedded, or floating, is one thing, but (literally) causing Havok is a whole diffferent ballgame :)

I'll leave #17295 as the Tracdown issue for this in that case, no point duplicating it.

Thanks for checking :bigcookie:

Here's a mesh fix here if you don't want to wait. I've tested it in game just fine.

Only thing is, you'll have to go back to a save BEFORE the goblet is enabled by the TG quest. I tried it on your existing save and it didn't seem to take. Most likely save game garbage.

Thanks Hana, but fortunately I don't have to go too far back - 1 save will probably do it as I'd only just got the quest anyway. Replaying from there is unlikely to give me the identical quest (Goblet+location).

I will give the fix a try though - Goblets come up pretty frequently so it shouldn't be too long before I get another one.

Epic fail :(

In my ...\Syrim\Data folder I manually created meshes\clutter\quest folders and placed the provided .nif in there.

Loaded a previous save, went to the Flagon to hand in the previous Burglary job, but quicksaved just before doing so.

After multiple attempts (hand in, get new job, not a goblet, load the quicksave) I finally got a new job for the Jewelled Goblet. Went to the location and it was lying on its side buried in a wall. At least is wasn't sliding around ;)

What did I do wrong? I assume the game is not picking up the modified .nif but I don't know why.

I hope this isn't one of those instances where you have to start a brand new game to get it to work. Anyway, I put it in the same folder in my game and will have to see whether it works for me. The current game I'm playing hasn't even started the Thieves Guild yet, so I'll see if that makes a difference and let you know what happens when I get a chance.

What you did should have worked. My test esp placed the goblet on the table of the Abandoned Shack. When I went in, it was sitting just fine, I could pick it up and even drop it out of inventory with no havok/collision issues.

So, I'm honestly not sure what's going on, considering I'd never had any previous placement issues with the jeweled goblet quests anyway. :shrug:

Maybe it's the markers that place the goblet that's wonky? (if there are markers)

Thanks - I had an idea it was correct, but wasn't certain.

That's a good question (in a roundabout way ;)) - how does the game know where to put them? Seems to work just fine with the other objects for this quest.

Trying to remember which locations I've already been to (for this quest) is not easy, but I'm sure I've had more than one in the same location (different objects) and they were fine. No others in the 2 locations I've had this problem in (yet). We'll see if I get those locations again.

I can only assume the current issues were caused by the changes made for USKP - I don't recall anything too serious with the Goblet before now. Slightly floating or slightly embedded (but so is a lot of stuff) - nothing this bad though.

There are a large number of markers, yes, and that's probably the root of the problem, but it would mean having to edit numerous references to fix it that way. Which won't help things when it comes to mods either because added cells may not be aware of the need.

As luck would have it, I just got another Burglary Job from Vex for the same location as in the 1st post - Ogmund's House (Markarth). This time it was a Ship, not the Goblet, and there were no issues at all. Fully visible in its intended location, no floating or embedding or sliding around.

Tentative conclusion is that Hana was correct in that the problem is with the Goblet itself, and is therefore likely not with the Markers, which is good ;)

I HAVE FIXED!

Took forever to notice what the issue was. It wasn't collision at all, it was the goblet object itself not lined up properly with the object node, which made it flop around when it was placed.

It also took forever infinity to get a goblet burglary job to test it. Here's the results - multiple locations, Ogmunds place. All looks good to me. Now why the improperly lined up mesh was causing stuff to slide all over the place, I don't know.

If you want, Screwball, or anyone else reading this issue, you can download the fixed meshes here. Arthmoor can throw them in the next update.

A floppy goblet eh? Who'd have thought it :D

Thanks Hana - I'll replace the previous one with this new one and see what happens.

Vex is indeed not forthcoming with the correct jobs when you need them - no way to "influence" the jobs she hands out, I suppose?

I generally end up doing just that trying to get the "special jobs" - did nobody ever tell them that they already HAVE Riften???

I'll just keep playing normally for now and play the reload game if Vex doesn't come up with the goods fairly shortly :)

It's a curious question of how the random locations of Vex's quests  are generated.

It looks like the same behaviour with all radiant guild quest locations- or just radiant quest locations generally.

I've noticed that one doesn't get a repeat of the location next load. But that might be if the load is done quickly.

If the random number is generated by the usual suspect, time: Hr:Min:Sec then the cycle of possible locations, L revolves around that many seconds, provided L doesn't exceed 60.

Question is more "How could one trigger the quest and specify both the location and quest object?" i.e. do whatever the game does when you accept the quest but with specific data rather than random data. That would be rather useful for testing purposes :)

Maybe. I don't really know Papyrus and how the Quests are constructed to know if that's possible. I'll have a look though as it could be very useful, if it's possible, of course.