Merchant gold reset bug

Nocturne

Hi, I downloaded the patch in hopes of them fixing the bug where vendors reset their gold when you leave the game. But it seems like it's not fixed? I'm fairly sure I've installed everything correct but if this is something that isn't covered by the patches then does anyone know of a mod that fixes this bug?

Assuming that's the same bug I'm thinking of, I think it "may be" an engine bug. If that's the case, it would likely mean that the USKP can't fix it (although Arthmoor would have to confirm that for sure). Is the issue that you're talking about one (or both) of the following by chance?

• Loading a savegame after trading does not restore a merchant's gold or inventory. For example, if you initiate trading with a merchant who has 750 gold, sell things to them until they only have 20 gold left, then load a saved game, the merchant's gold will still be at 20. Any items you bought before reloading will also be gone from the merchant's inventory.
  • In a related bug, if you completely exit the game and restart, you don't have to wait 48 hours for a merchant to reset.

Source: UESP

These can't be fixed by the USKP. They're engine bugs related to save game loading. You would need an SKSE plugin in to be made by someone who knows how in order to find a way around them.

FYI - should someone devise such a dll file, we would make an exception to the normal policy of not having components which require SKSE. So long as any such dll requires no ESP modifications to go with it.