Brynjolf & the Thieves Guild Questline

IsharaMeradin

In this character run Brynjolf stalked me down in the Bee & Barb and tried to initiate the Thieves Guild Questline.  I do not recall him doing that before (never had any mods that modified how the thieves guild quests work).  He might have force greeted if I got too close, but I do not recall him going across the room to talk to me.

Was there a change or am I just mis-remembering?

There's no change, that's how it is. He will track you inside or outside to forcegreet. He's not very quick so you can usually avoid him outside :lol:

In this character run Brynjolf stalked me down in the Bee & Barb and tried to initiate the Thieves Guild Questline.  I do not recall him doing that before (never had any mods that modified how the thieves guild quests work).  He might have force greeted if I got too close, but I do not recall him going across the room to talk to me.

He will always forcegreet you if you're inside Bee & Barb a least what happen to me in vanilla and remember you can always turn him down via his dialogue, but the quest will be stuck in your journal for the rest of the game unless you finish the quest.