Kill dragon outside whiterun bug

pcaviator

Hello, I'm new to Skyrim. This issue may have already been reported.

Just thought I'd pop in & report a bug that at least two players have experienced with the unoffical patch. I killed the dragon outside whiterun & was able to lot it, but there was no soul given. THe dragon did not disintergrate into a skeleton & the guards with me were left hunched over & cowering. I could get the menu to speak to the guards but they would not respond. When I disabled the unofficial patch & re-ran the scenario all was OK.

See also report here http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1777615-killed-dragon-outside-whiterun-now-what/#entry15337750

Thankyou for your unofficial patch work.

[edit] To be faor, I've just noticed that the unofficial patch was low in my load order. I've bumped it up to the recommended position. I don't know if this has affected the bug or not.

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
Hearthfires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
[Your other ESM files]
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
[The rest of your mods]

Load order could have been your problem

If you just have the vanilla game ( no mods or loose files in addition to the original game files ) - And just install the unofficial patches correctly .. This problem can not be reproduced

Did you also read the sticky post on Skyrim Nexus http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19/? ( look at the Posts tab, first post outlined in red by Arthmoor )

Cannot Absorb Dragon Souls

Make sure your load order is right!

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

USKP

Dawnguard.esm

UDGP

Hearthfires.esm

UHFP

Dragonborn.esm

UDBP

[Other ESMs]

Official hi-res DLC

UHRP

[Other ESPs]

Use BOSS - you'll enjoy life more.

Loose Scripts in DataScripts

Check for: dragonactorscript.pex and/or mqkilldragonscript.pex. Remove them if present. They are from dragon mods that came as loose files.

DSAMG - Dragon Soul Absorb More Glorious, and Diversified Dragons are known to cause this. Those mods need to be updated with a Dragonborn patch that incorporates the fixes from the UDBP.

Skyrim Unbound (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=16937212 will cause this as well due to the script being unaware of the changes for Dragonborn.

Others may be a factor as well.

Note too that the offending mod may have the script packaged inside a BSA. That will need to be handled by that mod's author.

If you are using Mod Organizer and are here to report issues with dragon souls, sorry, but you're on your own as we do not support issues caused by incorrectly letting that program modify the BSA load order system the game has. Your post is likely to just be ignored. We don't have time to keep fending off false bug reports caused by people who insist on unpacking their BSA files using the program and thus subverting the entire system the game relies on for proper behavior.

Over the last 2 months, I have restarted the game for testing purposes 3 times ( many more times before that also with every update to the unofficial patches that have been released ), proceeding from game start to developing the MQ and Thieves guild plus Dark Brotherhood questline, and sometimes managing to get as far as the Dawnguard and Dragonborn questlines aswell, and have not had any problems with Dragon Soul absorption.

Could be a caused by mod like "you are not the dragonborn" or "alternate start random " or something like that, indeed also if you remove the mod, some script will remain inside the script folder.

You could try to delete the script folder, and made a file check with steam, so it will restore the scripts... It is possible that you need to load an earlier saved game, or start a new one

• 4 weeks later...

Hello there,

I have recently installed the unofficial skyrim, dawnguard, hearthfire and dragon born patches. They are all 2.0.4 and I have the LOOT application to make sure they load in the order mentioned above. Have also checked the 'DATA FILES' button on the skyrim launcher and they correlate. I have also checked for an "dragon actor" scripts or .inis/whatever and I have none of them.

I can't absorb dragon souls on my main save, and I also started a new character and could not absorb the first dragon's soul (same as PCAVIATOR described).

Since adding the unofficial patches, I have also noticed a few things:

there are some crazy collisions with small objects (open a door and everything in the room will fly allover the place)

when I enter small rooms/lifts, or open some types of doors, the player character will sometimes hop about suddenly

when I am say, in an inn, if I talk to the innkeeper, all the objects on the tables and in the inn will be rattling around and making one hell of a sound, but when I turn around to look at them, the noise will stop.

in dungeons, when I go underwater, the view will flicker between the murky underwater colouration, and the clear view (as if you were not underwater), with the corresponding choppiness of sound.

I am very appreciative of the obvious great effort the community has put into these patches. I would be very glad If somebody could help with the issues I have found.

I downloaded the 2.0.4A version of the dragon born patch, and this has fixed the issue.

About the weird other things I noticed though - TES5???

About the weird other things I noticed though - TES5???

The Unofficial Patches would not cause any of these issues. Do you use any other mods and have you ever modified your ini files for tweaks?

I cleaned the official files with TES5Edit (not Skyrim.esm though)

I looked up the problem and it was caused by too high frame rate and V-sync turned off. Everything is good now that V-sync is on.

Thank you for your attention Hana