Lydia not entering her room in Breezhome

Chowman

I've long noticed that Lydia never sleeps in Breezehome. Some searching around revealed that others have noticed this issue too, even though USKP v1.2.2 reported to have fixed this by changing the orientation of the bed.

This post on the Nexus forums claims to have fixed the problem by also correcting the dodgy navmesh for Breezehome:

I never modded Breezehome before, but I did some testing. Loaded Skyrim.esm and Update.esm in the Creation Kit. I found two possible reasons for this issue:

1.) The vanilla navmesh is faulty. There is the main navmesh and an additional navmesh island, which consists of 2 triangles and is located in the housecarls room. Deleting these triangels and redoing the navmesh will allow Lydia to access her room and the bed.

2.) The marker for the bed is facing towards the wall, so Lydia can't get in her bed. It needs to be replaced with a bed that has the marker on the left hand side.

After I made this changes, Lydia was sleeping in her bed at night, without adding a AI package. Hope this helps.

Would someone here mind confirming this? I have no experience with this kind of thing.

That fix had to be backed out when Hearthfire was released because HF deleted the navmesh the USKP had repaired which led to non-stop CTDs in Breezehome.

Any other mod claiming to fix this has likely caused exactly the same problem.