Chopped animation while dis-mounting a horse

maboleth

It used to be perfectly fluid, however, my player is now chopped while dis-mounting from a horse. She looks dizzy and with low frame rate. Sometimes there's even a flash of white at the edge of the screen for a fraction of second. Everything else is fine. Riding the horse is also fine. It's just this dismounting/mounting phase that looks strange.

I'm not saying Unofficial patches are to blame, but did anyone notice something similar and how did you fix it? I tried various video options but didn't work. I did change my video card today, but for the better - game is now much more fluid overall with higher frame rate. I really doubt that's responsible for this minor glitch...

Could be several possibilities, I think.

Do you run any mods that touch horses? Do you run any mods that change animations in any way? When you say you now get a higher frame rate with your new video card, how high? I believe too high can cause odd glitches.

Could be several possibilities, I think.

When you say you now get a higher frame rate with your new video card, how high? I believe too high can cause odd glitches.

I doubt the video card would cause that since the OP already had odd animation glitches with the older video card.

No I think it could be the video driver that needs to be investigated perhaps update it or downgrade it and I know that sounds strange when downgrade drivers especially a video driver, but sometimes it could help.

Even a reinstallation of DirectX could fix it, but before you do anything else have you tried to re-generate Skyrim.ini in the launcher by deleting Skyrim.ini in the C:\Users\<User>\Documents\my games\Skyrim folder.

What video card do you use ATI or Nvidia?

Thanks everyone.

Well, actually I don't remember this horse dis/mounting glitches with my old card! I can't confirm that now though. Every other animation in the game is great. I'm using latest ATi driver, AMD that is, my card is MSI R7 250 1gb ddr5. It's nowhere near fast as some dedicated gaming cards, but I get solid 23-30fps in towns and 50-60fps inside on 1920px resolution and max. Skyrim detail settings. Using AF 16 samples and AA 2x. I turned AA off now, because I switched to SMAA injector today.

I don't use any mod that alters horses or any other animation. In fact I don't use lots of mods, like 15, all unofficial patches included. I will test today vanilla version, with all mods switched off. And I will also test it with the previous AMD driver.

What I did notice is that by using different sets of armor I get different results. For example, armor from Dark Brotherhood produces least glitches, while Elvish is more glitchy. It's ONLY while dis-mounting a horse.

Just to let you girls and guys know that this issue fixed by itself. I didn't do anything! But now it's gone and everything is fine. I don't know what caused/fixed it - I restarted the game and my system numerous of times before so... huh!