The magic forge

Deathbydestiny

Not sure how this happened, but I'm wondering if there is a way to clear it up?

I have done everything I can think of to clear it up, console commands to waiting a few days and what not.

hLbp330.jpg

Must have fired some sort of spell at it. Perhaps a Soul Trap before we blocked it from sticking to objects?

Not sure how this happened, but I'm wondering if there is a way to clear it up?

The only thing you can do to fix this is to start a new game. :)

I was not sure what it was until Arthmoor pointed it out. I think he may be right. But starting a new game is not an option for me, I have done that far too much and as soon as I actually get back to where I was in my old game I get hit by a bug that requires me to start over. Not this time, this happened recently so I'm sure I can find a save where it didn't happen.

Edit: Yep, I found one. I lost 2 days of progress but it's better than starting again. However I think the fix that was done for this in 2.0.1 didn't fix it :P. This bugged for me after I had updated to that

That appears to be shock damage, not soul trap. Soul trap effect was a purple pulsing glow on the object.

We'd have to figure out exactly what you did first. I'm not sure if that's possible with the affected save or not, but that's all we have to go on unless you know what spell you hit it with.

I'm not sure myself, I didn't cause it as far as i know. I think it could have happened during the battle of solitude. Or maybe a vampire attack? All I can say is i'm certain it was caused by an NPC hitting it.

I have not been able to reproduce it yet, I'm hoping it was a simple fluke. But I will be sure to report on it if I am able to reproduce it again reliably.

Unfortuneatly I trashed my saves that it effected, I can't say I was too happy this morning when I found I had to possibly redo part of my game :D