Spinning NPCs bug

lordmorpheus1

Good evening...

I was talking to a friend of mine and she reported a very odd bug: NPCs would spin in one place.

She told me that this happens mostly to females that almost everyone in Whiterun has this issue now.

This is not always reproduceable, and she took some tries in order to "trigger" this bug to record it.

She plays on PC and has never had any mods.

I've made a research about it and it seems to be much more related to the XBox version, and it also seems to be quite rare.

Does anyone know anything more about it, reasons, how to fix it etc?

Thanks for the help, and have a good life.

Video concerning this bug.

My guess is that your friend installed some time ago the TBBP animation mod (included with UNPB for example) and decided to uninstall it after, but one or several files remained in her data folder.

She has to search for hkx files in the data folder and delete them. In order to find them (the data folder can have a lot of subfolders), download manually the TBBP mod (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34713), unpack it on your Windows desktop and you will be able to see all its files and their paths.

EDIT : Sorry, I didn't notice that your friend said she never installed mods. My post is irrelevant now.  :(