Papyrus log -- "CWSiegeObj" related errors

BlackPete

Here is a full list of the papyrus issues that I have submitted into the tracker:

Battle for Whiterun (Stormcloak):

#14556 (fixed in 2.0.1)

#14557 (fixed in 2.0.1)

#14561 (fixed in 2.0.2)

#14654 (fixed in 2.0.2)

#14655 (unable to fix)

#14656 (unable to fix)

#14657 (unable to fix)

Rescue from Fort Neugrad:

#14599 (fixed in 2.0.1)

Battle for Fort Sungard / Battle for Fort Snowhawk:

#14635 (fixed in 2.0.1)

Battle for Fort Hraggstad

#14643 (fixed in 2.0.6)

Battle for Solitude

#14644 (fixed in 2.0.6)

#14645 (fixed in 2.0.6)

#14646 (fixed in 2.0.4)

#14647 (fixed in 2.0.6)

#14649 (fixed in 2.0.2)

#14650 (fixed in 2.0.2)

#14652 (fixed in 2.0.3)

#14653 (fixed in 2.0.4)

#14775 (fixed in 2.0.2)

Heh. Going right for the gold now eh? The Civil War. The ultimate prize. A bug fixers nightmare that never ends :P

Heh. Going right for the gold now eh? The Civil War. The ultimate prize. A bug fixers nightmare that never ends :P

Yes, kind of a bug reporter's nightmare too (at least when trying to enter them into the tracker). :facepalm: I started the next mission "Rescue from Fort Neugrad"  and there are a whole bunch of errors (too many) and I haven't even gone to the camp or reached the fort yet. They are on this script: QF_CWMission04_00035A23. Unfortunately, I suspect there will be a lot more by the time I finish that quest too. Anyway, I'll get those into the tracker too, as time permits.

Edit: see issue #14599 (fixed)

Civil War Overhaul FTW haha probably fixes alot of stuff

:shrug: Possibly, but I wonder how many other errors it might cause in papyrus? I haven't tried CWO before and I'm not sure if it's a good idea to when trying to report vanilla game bugs.

Indeed, but Pete's right. Reporting CW bugs when CWO is installed would be pretty silly. We'd be unable to use any of that information.

The CW is the ultimate rat's nest of coding. Not even the Hearthfire scripts can hope to compare.

• 2 weeks later...

Stinkin' civil war scripts. I think I have all of the papyrus errors that I've encountered into the tracker now. See the original post for a complete list.

2.0.1 Beta - new game. The guards Irileth sends to Riverwood just went out the gate. I FT'd to the Guardian stones, then cleared Embershard. By the time I'd finished and gone back to Whiterun I had around 600 lines of CW errors :(

Stinkin' civil war scripts is somewhat of an understatement...

2.0.1 Beta - new game. The guards Irileth sends to Riverwood just went out the gate. I FT'd to the Guardian stones, then cleared Embershard. By the time I'd finished and gone back to Whiterun I had around 600 lines of CW errors :(

Stinkin' civil war scripts is somewhat of an understatement...

That sounds bad and definitely will be nightmare for Arthmoor. I wonder whether it's something new caused by the 2.0.1 beta or if these "errors" you mentioned have been an issue for some time already?

That particular issue - the guards going to Riverwood - has, IIRC, been around for a while.

The point of waiting for the beta to start a new game was to (hopefully) make it easier to identify odd errors without wading through all the spammy ones.

Things are not going to plan, so far :(

[edit] it's gone away now - looking more closely it seems to have stopped once I entered Embershard. [/edit]

There's a bunch of stuff the CW is doing that doesn't make a lot of sense, all of which involves the GarrisonReset1 quest (or whatever it's name is) and being in and around the eastern side of Whiterun and/or Riverwood. Makes absolutely no sense since garrison #1 is supposed to be at Fort Greymoor - some considerable distance away.

• 5 months later...

Good news regarding these civil war errors. Arthmoor was able to figure out how to fix several more of these for the next update.