DLC1SeranaLevelingScript -- causing numerous papyrus errors

BlackPete

I'm not sure what triggered this problem with papyrus, but it was enough to crash my game. It may have started when Serana was with me when a dragon attacked in Falkreath (the town). See log file in attachment; no need to read all of the way through it, but I would appreciate some help getting a report for this into the tracker, because it isn't a typical papyrus error that I'm used to seeing.

DLC1SeranaLevelingScript -- Stack Dump.zip

That's a stack dump, just like it says on the log. Stack is basically what papyrus uses to keep track of things that it needs to do. Stack dump happens when there are too many things piling up, more than it can handle.

The main contributor in this case being DLC1LegendaryDragonScript/FXDragonBloodDamageScript.OnHit() with lines 303, 305, 343 and 346 (257 occurrances). Those lines link them to the already reported papyrus erros about Heading Angle and Head/Tail/Wing Bleed. What's not immediately clear to me, is why there are so many frames from line 303 (dragonHealth = selfRef.GetAV("Health") as int). Worth noting is that a single dragon is responsible for the whole ordeal. Something went terribly wrong with it and it clogged papyrus down.

Not the whole stack dump is about a single dragon though, there are also some critters (CritterSpawn, Critter, FireFly), one trap (TrapSwingingWall), and one WIDeadBodyCleanupScript.OnDeath() thrown in.

I've had this happen before too and chalked it up to my semi-overloaded game but since you're getting it this does indicate something a bit more severe, but I doubt we'll be able to find what it is. Serana is obviously doing something that sends the dragon code into a frenzy. Though the game should calm down again once the dragon is dead.

Falkreath is a busy area so it's no surprise there's more to this than just her and the dragon. Everything nearby that uses scripts may have something on the stack that was waiting.