LItemApothecaryIngredienstRare75 [sic]

taleden

I was just doing some compatibility research into the leveled lists that merchant chests use, and noticed that the USKP does a funny thing to the LItemApothecaryIngredienstRare75 list (which is, in fact, misspelled in the CK).

All other *75 lists are named for their "chance some", so they have chance none = 25. That's also true of this list in the base game, but USKP changes it to chance none = 75, which seems like a mistake. Unless it was really intended to make all rare ingredients 3x rarer.

I tried searching tracdown and the USKP version history for any note about the original intent, but found no mention of this change in either place.

I think i remember yes there was a fix because rare ingredients wee stupidly easy to get so this is probably related to that to make rares....rare

but then again, it is inconsistent. taleden is right about the chance, they should be the same. the rare ingredient list is usually added to marchant chests with a much lower item count than the uncommon and common list.

clearly this is either a rebalance, or an oversight.

Agreeing. Especially as staves were fixed the other way (making the 75->25 == None for the Name suffix 75). It's one thing to fix an obvious contradiction, another to rebalance the game without even a log entry.

There's a high degree of probability that such an edit to a list without documentation happened during the 1.0 -> 1.1 transition period. There's information in the esp that's not been documented because nobody knew it needed to be. That handoff was less than ideal so we made due as best we could at the time. Or rather, I made due as best I could since there wasn't really much of an operation in place 18 months ago. (geez, it's already been that long....)

In this case, I think it was probably a mistake. I couldn't find any old discussion of rare ingredients in the early USKP discussion (although the search function leave lot to be desired, so could have missed it). Good catch Talenden! http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/tracdown/issue/14279-litemapothecaryingredienstrare75-sic/

The staves fix that I was remembering line is in 1.3.1:

Leveled list LItemSpellVendorStaffsAll75 is incorrectly set to a Chance None value of 75 instead of 25. Strangely, this bug was fixed in the Dragonborn DLC, but never included in Update.esm where it belongs. (Bug #12202)