Incurable Lycanthropy

Screwball

New game (USKP 2.0.0a from the start).

Completed Purity for Farkas.
Completed the 3 Totem quests for Aela.
Can I cure myself? No I cannot. Activating the Sconce (Eternal Flame of the Harbinger) does not present the "Are you sure" dialog. Yes I have witchheads in my inventory.

Tried curing Vilkas (which worked). Still the same - no dialog.
Temporarily disabled USKP - and it works as expected. Re-enabled USKP - no dialog.

Looking at PlayerWerewolfCureSconceScript there are 3 conditions either of which will prevent the script from continuing:-

if ((CR13 as CompanionsRadiantQuest).IsAccepted || (CR12 as CompanionsRadiantQuest).IsAccepted || C06.IsRunning())
   return

GetStage / SQV on those 3 Quest IDs:-
CR12 - 255.0 - Accepted False
CR13 - 1.0 - Accepted False
C06 - 200.0 - Enabled No, Stopped.

So I can't see why the script would fail to work, but it does :(
It is producing Papyrus errors, but as the result of a problem so perhaps not really suitable for the papyrus category.

[12/01/2013 - 12:49:09PM] error: Cannot call PlayerHasBeastBlood() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [alias Sconce on quest PlayerWerewolfCureQuest (000F6090)].PlayerWerewolfCureSconceScript.OnActivate() - "PlayerWerewolfCureSconceScript.psc" Line 22
[12/01/2013 - 12:49:09PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp1"
stack:
    [alias Sconce on quest PlayerWerewolfCureQuest (000F6090)].PlayerWerewolfCureSconceScript.OnActivate() - "PlayerWerewolfCureSconceScript.psc" Line 22

I have only been able to cure myself right after curing Kodlak and after curing both Farkas and Vilkas. The Flame of the Harbinger has never worked for me in between curing Farkas and Vilkas.

Why is CR13 at stage 1? If you completed it for both Farkas and Vilkas, it shouldn't be running at all...

Wait a sec'... "cannot call PlayerHasBeastBlood on none"...?

Aw, shit. Looks like the Creation Kit ate the property necessary to check if the player is a werewolf so that they can be cured! But the USKP doesn't edit that quest record... 1.9's Update.esm does, but TES5Edit says it's filled. It's not when I check within the CK, though...

The USKP did edit the script, though...

Initially I had completed both Putrity quests, both CR12 and CR13 were 255, and I could not cure myself.

I reloaded a slightly earlier save (after Farkas and Aela, but before Vilkas) in order to see if I could cure myself at that point. That is the situation I was in when I posted.

I have since completed Vilkas/Purity again (getstage cr13 = 255) but I still cannot cure myself.

Even when cr13 was at stage 1, sqv said that Accepted was false so that situation should not affect the outcome. Unless Accepted is not not the same as accessing IsAccepted, of course.

Regardless of any of that, removing USKP (temporarily, no saves made in that state) allows the dialog to be shown and the player cured, put it back and it fails. Consistently.

@PrinceShroob - I see you've added #14255 - that should suffice to get this issue on the radar (and saved me from doing it :P ).

One thing I would like to know - how does that script ever get called? The Sconce (Activator) doesn't seem to have any scripts attached to it... :unsure:

@PrinceShroob - I see you've added #14255 - that should suffice to get this issue on the radar (and saved me from doing it :P ).

One thing I would like to know - how does that script ever get called? The Sconce (Activator) doesn't seem to have any scripts attached to it... :unsure:

Reference alias on PlayerWerewolfCureQuest.