Yngol Barrow Exit Button

lmstearn

Reclaimed the Helm of Winterhold by despatching the leveled draugr in the Yngol crypt, but of course, get the non-working button.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Yngol%27s_Barrow#Bugs

This is a total cock-up in design.  Couldn't they have made provision for the scenario of collecting both helms from the barrow at the same time?

With the extra excitement of a leveled boss draugr plus the Yngol Shade?

No it isn't a total cock-up design, because the Yngol Barrow exit button is nothing than a decoy, so just fetch the helm and you'll be able to get out of Yngol Barrow.

No it isn't a total cock-up design, because the Yngol Barrow exit button is nothing than a decoy, so just fetch the helm and you'll be able to get out of Yngol Barrow.

I wondered about that button for the longest time (why it didn't work). It sounds like it was intentionally unusable then.

Qué?

Nuh, I can put the Helm of Winterhold in inventory, or even wear it, throw it at the furniture, pick it up again, dat dang backdoor ain't ever gonna open. There's a chain? Can't see one anywhere in the throne room.

Please allow this clarification, after speaking to the folks & Jarl in Winterhold, the misc quest  "Find the Helm of Winterhold in Yngol Barrow" is logged. Entered the dungeon, there's no Helm of Yngol to be found, no Shade, just the Helm of Winterhold. However this quest was logged in this game _before_ the fix came out. Might this be the problem?

In Skyrim, if it looks like a decoy, smells like a decoy, functions as a decoy, believe me, it's a lemon.

2nd edit: Consider this: not only the button was a decoy, but the Helm of Winterhold, or even the dungeon itself. Perhaps, on opening the chest, a scary draugr pops up, with "Excuse me, no Helm of Yngol here, HaHaa, hafta to respawn this dungeon and return for yet another bunch of kick-Yngol thrills. Nah-Na Nah Na Na Boo Hooo. This isn't even Yngol- it's really the crypt of No-Workee! Ha Ha Haaaaaa!"

Well, how else can a Game_Designer sugar-coat it?