Bug #13849 - Stormcloak in Helgen Keep lacking AI process

IsharaMeradin

Bug #13849

I've been looking into this as can be seen by some of the comments on the linked tracker.

I have discovered something that begs a discussion as to developer intent.

The created actor (whose ID# changes from game to game) that does not have an AI process points to the MQ101 quest alias TortureRoomStormcloak1.  In checking this alias, it is set to initially disabled. Other stormcloak aliases for the torture room are not initially disabled.  If the initially disabled box is unchecked, three stormcloaks are spawned.  See image.

The questions are:

Did the developers forget to uncheck the initially disabled box?

Did the developers feel that three were too many and disabled one on purpose?

These are my thoughts:

The Torturer says "these boys" when one of the default two is a girl.  The disabled third one is a guy.  Only the guy stormcloaks have specific start combat commands in the script fragment.  The girl fights due to faction settings only.  I believe that Bethesda may have meant to disable the third alias rather than the first.

Side note:  This particular situation is noticed when following Hadvar.  I have not tested following Ralof.

• 2 weeks later...

Another problem with the Helgen Stormcloaks is running past them all the way to the exit without killing any. Come back, and they all stand around doing nothing. (Until you attack them.)