Labyrinthian - "hole" in the floor through which the Player keeps falling

Screwball

Note. Using USKP Beta released on Oct 12th.

Enter labyrinthian, pass the Dragon Mound and attempt to continue through the now open door and down the slope towards the pedestal. I cannot get up the small set of steps just before the door - I keep falling through and therefore outside the normally playable area.

If I disable USKP all is good. Tested with multiple saves, from my current game and from previous ones too. Fails with USKP, works without.

Can anyone else confirm please? If so I'll raise a Tracdown issue because this needs to be fixed (IMO) before USKP v2 is released.

[edit]

Similar issue just inside the main entrance to Labyrinthian, minus the "falling through" part. Enter, walk in a ways, turn around and sneak back towards the exit. As you approach the steps you will "sink" into the floor.

Perhaps NorTempleEntranceHall01 is the primary cause, as it is the same object in both places.

[/edit]

Note. Using USKP Beta released on Oct 12th.

Enter labyrinthian, pass the Dragon Mound and attempt to continue through the now open door and down the slope towards the pedestal. I cannot get up the small set of steps just before the door - I keep falling through and therefore outside the normally playable area.

If I disable USKP all is good. Tested with multiple saves, from my current game and from previous ones too. Fails with USKP, works without.

Can anyone else confirm please? If so I'll raise a Tracdown issue because this needs to be fixed (IMO) before USKP v2 is released.

[edit]

Similar issue just inside the main entrance to Labyrinthian, minus the "falling through" part. Enter, walk in a ways, turn around and sneak back towards the exit. As you approach the steps you will "sink" into the floor.

Perhaps NorTempleEntranceHall01 is the primary cause, as it is the same object in both places.

[/edit]

For your information, please check the messenger.

• 10 months later...

Just playing through Labyrinthian - on the way in all is fine, but when you try to go back out, up those steps, then there's massive hole through which the empty gamespace can be seen. This is a visual error only, you do not fall through it (or at least I didn't). Image taken part way up those steps with the Pedestal behind me.

USKP 2.0.6 from the start of this game.

HoleInTheSteps-Labyrinthian.jpg

I have absolutely no issue at this place. Aret you using meshes replacers ? ELFX, for example, is full of suspicious meshes...

Absolutely not.

USKP 2.0.6

SBBasement.esm (my own small mod, think "all in one basement" for Oblivion)

no killmoves, no killcams, no killbites.esp

That's it - almost as clean as you can get.

I can't reproduce it by any mean. Anyway, I identified the mesh that is not displayed. I can't guarantee any success, but try this. If the issue is not solved, then please send me a save by PM, at the exact point where you have the issue. I mean that if I load your save i should be able to see the issue immediatly, once it's loaded, without touching my keyboard nor my mouse.

I have a save made at the top of those steps. I reloaded it repeatedly (before I posted the above), walked back down to the pedestal, turned around, walked back up and got the problem The screenshot was the 3rd or 4th attempt.

Just loaded the same savegame and can I get it to go wrong? Can I heck as like. Not a gap to be seen anywhere. May be just one of those glitches which happen occasionally then can't be repoduced later. I've neither added to or removed anything from my load order in the meantime.

I hate it when things like that happen :( (at least I have the screenshot as proof I wasn't dreaming ;) )

@Nico coiN - I have d/l your esp but not installed it. If you want me to I'll give it a try but I'm not sure I'll be able to tell the difference.