I want to contribute...

AndreyKva

In Arthmoor opinion, no. I'm not trying to convince anyone to adopt this way of fixing typos. I'm just exposing the arguments that led us (in the french community) to adopt this for our own typos, because advantages are (in our opinion) much more interesting than the disadvantages.

However, even if I shall not contradict Arthmoor, I honestly think that a 'general' fix-mod (the USKP and bros') should modify only the bare minimum things. And by 'things' I mean 'records'. It seems to me it's exaggereted to include a complete quest record in the USKP's esp if only a quest objective text has been altered.

Yes, reverting to original strings files requires to have stored backups somewhere or to process an integrity check via Steam. But it's not as important as you may think : people who want to uninstall USKP for any reason have to untick USKP in their mod list, right. But keeping the 3 strings file is not a big deal nor a pita : they're only strings files, containing only typo, and thus cannot cause any harm at all. Do you think USKP haters and flame-throwers would criticize it even more because they would be sticked with grammar and spelling fixes ? This doesn't alter the gameplay in any way, and in any cases, is still a harmless benefit...

That seems like a far too risky solution. Not something we're willing to consider. It sounds to me like it's just as bad a solution as it would be if our esp was being distributed with Update.esm as its name.