Belethor closes shop early bug.

gameboytj

Sometimes when you leave his shop, he will leave and go right back in with the doors locked. If you open the lock and go in he will tell you to leave his shop. He shouldn't be doing that... Makes him an unreliable shop keeper...

I have a mod installed to temporarily resolve this. He still leaves and goes back in but the doors are not locked and he wont tell you to leave...

Arcadia does it too but she is less likely for some reason...
Here is my loadorder
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
ApachiiHair.esm
AOM.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
Invisibility Eyes Fix.esp
SkyUI.esp
Athletics Training.esp
UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp
UFO - Dawnguard AddOn.esp
UFO - Heartfire AddOn.esp
JNL - Lots More Followers.esp
xgfPferdeKarren-en.esp
ArcheryDummyXP.esp
Skyrim Tycoon.esp
Dragon Soul Relinquishment.esp
GM-CookingRebalanceFinalHearthfire.esp
SmithingTreeDG.esp
ValsCraftingMeltdownAlpha.esp
LostLongSwords.esp
battleflute.esp
LinenCraft.esp
AOM.esp
Cloaks.esp
Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
wizDynamicThings.esp
Improved Dragonrend Shout.esp
WRF_by_RolandSir_TAWUTD_DG.esp
Realistic werewolf speed.esp
Journal.esp
LFox Pickpocketing Chance Caps at 100.esp
Reduced Distance NPC Greetings.esp
Realistic crime report radius.esp
GuardsGuardThePlayer.esp
Run For Your Lives.esp
When Vampires Attack.esp
breezehomelightfix.esp
fix-BelethorUnlocked.esp (Using right now to keep him from closing early)
Feminine Females With All DLCs.esp
marriagedynamicoutfits.esp
ACE BYOG.esp

Not seeing this problem myself, but I'd be curious to know what the contents of fix-BelethorUnlocked.esp are. Can it be downloaded somewhere?

And are you certain nothing is conflicting in the bunch of mods you have? Even a dirty edit somewhere could throw off his packages.

"Realistic werewolf speed.esp"

Werewolves aren't real, so how can their speed be made realistic ?

As far as I know, I don't think anything is causing issues.

I don't know... They just called it that...

Obsolete? Maybe, but I had to install it because belethor kept closing shop early...
Should I use TES5Edit on my installed mods?

This has happened to me before with Belethor's Shop, but it has also happened with other vendors too. I've noticed a "bug" that has been in the game forever, where if you don't let an NPC finish their dialogue line before going through a door, they will follow you through the door and utter another dialogue and before them immediately go back through the door.

That's the trigger? That may explain why arcadia doesn't close shop early as often as belethor does.
Also... (off topic issue) This one issue I would like to bring up with her... She keeps saying I am infected with Rattles or Ataxia even though I am not... Kinda getting on my nerves... She should only be saying those if I have those diseases.
(back on topic) I did have the alchemist lady in Solitude do it too except that when I go to riverwood she spawns there with me and walks back to solitude... -_- Really? Your going to spawn miles away from your town?

This one issue I would like to bring up with her... She keeps saying I am infected with Rattles or Ataxia even though I am not... Kinda getting on my nerves... She should only be saying those if I have those diseases.

This is deliberate. She is trying to get you to buy her potions. Depending on one's point of view, this is kind of a dishonest sales tactic.

That's the trigger? That may explain why arcadia doesn't close shop early as often as belethor does.

(back on topic) I did have the alchemist lady in Solitude do it too except that when I go to riverwood she spawns there with me and walks back to solitude... -_- Really? Your going to spawn miles away from your town?

I think that is the trigger, yes.

I have no idea why Angeline Morrard (I'm guessing this who you are talking about) is spawning in Riverwood though. That sounds like a different and unrelated bug to me (or could be an issue caused by a mod).

I plan on buying her stuff anyways... Why should she really be deliberate about it?

It is unlikely that my mods are affecting her. Unless Dragon Killer Cart Reloaded can interfere with merchants. I don't know how it would, it only changes their stock, not the npcs themselves. As far as I know anyways. :shrug: