Ranmir disappearing after Drowned Sorrows

BlackPete

Unfortunately, your effort will be in vain, as Ranmir will continue to be the town drunk, although he finally knows what happened to Isabelle.

\

so yes he should stay

It's intentional but oddly it doesn't seem to be fully implemented. There's dialogue about Ranmir being gone in the CK, but it requires a quest stage that's never set and it's also never said where he's gone.

It's intentional but oddly it doesn't seem to be fully implemented. There's dialogue about Ranmir being gone in the CK, but it requires a quest stage that's never set and it's also never said where he's gone.

I figured it was something like that. It just seems odd that Ranmir's sister, Birna, will still make comments about him after finishing Drowned Sorrows as if he was still in Winterhold drinking at the inn (when he has really disappeared from the game entirely). I guess that's probably because parts of the quest were never implemented properly into the game (like you said). I guess it probably would not be possible to "fix" this if there is info missing in the CK.

He disappears from the game when I leave the inn after I hand him the note from Isabelle. It has been this way every time I've done this quest (Xbox or PC with USKP), but it sounds like this was more or less intentional by the developers.

Yes, it was. It's implied he suicided. Nobody ever actually says it, but that's the impression you're left with.

Birna's dialogue issues could be easily solved by setting the quest stage on FreeformWinterholdC to 10 once Drowned Sorrows has been completed. It would enable Birna to use the dialogue she was given about her brother being gone and also disable the dialogue she uses when her brother is still around. All Birna's dialogue related to her brother is already conditioned accordingly.

Birna's dialogue issues could be easily solved by setting the quest stage on FreeformWinterholdC to 10 once Drowned Sorrows has been completed. It would enable Birna to use the dialogue she was given about her brother being gone and also disable the dialogue she uses when her brother is still around. All Birna's dialogue related to her brother is already conditioned accordingly.

Would this be something that could be implemented in a future USKP version? I haven't reported it as a bug, because I didn't know if it would be something that would fall into that category. If you or someone else involved with the UP project gives me the okay, I would be happy to put this down as a tracdown report or whatever step is necessary to see it resolved. It might at least make it a little less mysterious as to why Ranmir suddenly vanishes from the game after Drowned Sorrows is completed.

There's a change location event that disables Ranmir -- that should set the stage on FreeformWinterholdCFin.

I already reported it is as Bug #13911 and it'll be fixed in USKP 2.0.

There's a change location event that disables Ranmir -- that should set the stage on FreeformWinterholdC.

Thanks for looking into this.