Bugs in some quest

jikyuso

First of all, I want to thank you for the maker of amazing USKP and second, i want to report some bugs. :)

Below is my mods: 

Unofficial Skyrim Patch,

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch,

Unofficial Hearthfire Patch,

Unofficial Dragonborn Patch,

Unofficial HD Patch,

Falskaar,

Wyrmstooth,

SkyUI,

Realistic Need & Disease,

Dance of Death,

Better Vampire,

Deadly Dragons,

Achieve That,

When Vampire Attacks,

Run for your lives,

Climate of Tamriel,

Realistic Ragdoll & Force,

XP32 Skeleton,

with some weapon/armor add-on and texture replacer MOD.

(Note: All mods dated per 29 August 2013, order not sorted but i am ALWAYS using BOSS to fix load order before playing skyrim so you can assume my load order the same as BOSS)

... and now these are the bugs:

001. Quest "The Break of Dawn", Room with Malkoran = I'm sneaking behind malkoran and put one arrow to him. He died instantly and his shade come out. Just before his shade take a complete form (i am still undetected), i put another arrow to him to kill him with one shot and he just standing there with full health and doing nothing (not even attacking me). I am trying to hack him to death but he is invincible.

002. Chest Looted stats bug = If there a chest with 3 item inside i can increase my chest looted point in my stat by 3. Just open the chest, take one item, and press tab to exit the menu and it counts as 1 point (repeat for the next 2 item and my chest loot stat increased 2 points). But if you use "take all" it will count only 1 point.

003. Quest "No One Escape Cidhna Mine" = When you choose option to brawl with Borkul the Beast, when my blow hit him it didn't play landed blow sounds, so i feel like hitting air.

004. Quest "No One Escape Cidhna Mine" = When you kill Madanach and get out from mine, for unknown reason i can't fast travel because "You can't travel while guards pursuing you" message appear but guards didn't attack me. Then, after you walk so far from Markarth you still unable to fast travel.

Thats all. Sorry if my english so bad.

If you need more detail feel free to tell me. If you need a video i might not be able to provide it as my bandwidth very slow.

and...for every bug i found i will post it here.

004. Quest "No One Escape Cidhna Mine" = When you kill Madanach and get out from mine, for unknown reason i can't fast travel because "You can't travel while guards pursuing you" message appear but guards didn't attack me. Then, after you walk so far from Markarth you still unable to fast travel.

That's not a bug instead it seems to be an engine bug and I've notice it in both Morrowind, Oblivion, so if that's an engine bug then don't expect it can be fixed in USKP.

Why you can't fast travel is obvious, but why the guards don't attack you is another story and that could be a guard bug.

That's not a bug instead it seems to be an engine bug and I've notice it in both Morrowind, Oblivion, so if that's an engine bug then don't expect it can be fixed in USKP.

Why you can't fast travel is obvious, but why the guards don't attack you is another story and that could be a guard bug.

I haven't play morrowind and oblivion but isn't it weird we can't fast travel even after running far away from markarth ? I even run too far until whiterun because i can't fast travel. After entering falkreath i'm still unable to fast travel.

That's why i decide to load my save before killing madanach.

I think the trigger for this bug pulled when i killed madanach.

001. Quest "The Break of Dawn", Room with Malkoran = I'm sneaking behind malkoran and put one arrow to him. He died instantly and his shade come out. Just before his shade take a complete form (i am still undetected), i put another arrow to him to kill him with one shot and he just standing there with full health and doing nothing (not even attacking me). I am trying to hack him to death but he is invincible.

002. Chest Looted stats bug = If there a chest with 3 item inside i can increase my chest looted point in my stat by 3. Just open the chest, take one item, and press tab to exit the menu and it counts as 1 point (repeat for the next 2 item and my chest loot stat increased 2 points). But if you use "take all" it will count only 1 point.

001 The engine seems to have a bug in itself, which causes NPCs you kill too fast to become impervious to harm. This isn't limited to Malkoran or his shade. You just have to work around it, ie. reduce their health incrementally and not one-shot kill them.

002 That's also an engine issue that we can't fix.

004 The unfortunate thing is that you don't have to see the guards pursuing you for them to stop you from fast travelling. Also while running, it's possible that when you're leaving one guard behind, you pass close enough of another that they become hostile to you, thus preventing fast travel again. It might have something to do with the engine, but I don't know for sure. All I can tell you is that I've covered some pretty long distances without being able to fast travel.

I haven't play morrowind and oblivion but isn't it weird we can't fast travel even after running far away from markarth ? I even run too far until whiterun because i can't fast travel. After entering falkreath i'm still unable to fast travel.

That's why i decide to load my save before killing madanach.

I think the trigger for this bug pulled when i killed madanach.

I don't know how it's with Oblivion and Skyrim, but changing cell seems to be a work around the guard issue in Morrowind.  So try to changing cell by going in a cave or in a building and save the game once inside then reload and go out again.

This not related to either Oblivion and Skyrim, but the fact is that Morrowind is having another odd bug and that happens when you're doing some alchemy.

Once the ingredients are selected you can give the potion a name, but sometimes the game will still ask for a name for the potion regardless what choice you make you simple cannot make that potion.

Either reloading the game or changing cell seems to fix that particular alchemy bug before Morrowind Code Patch finally fixed the alchemy bug.

I just recently played through this quest with no issues. Are you sure the quest completed properly? You met Thonar outside and he pardoned you? The quest cleared from your journal?

I just recently played through this quest with no issues. Are you sure the quest completed properly? You met Thonar outside and he pardoned you? The quest cleared from your journal?

Yes, but before finish his sentences, he was attacked by madanach's goons. One thing that i notice, if it wasn't buggy madanach's goon would wait until Thonar finish speaking and then attack him.

I don't know how it's with Oblivion and Skyrim, but changing cell seems to be a work around the guard issue in Morrowind.  So try to changing cell by going in a cave or in a building and save the game once inside then reload and go out again.

This not related to either Oblivion and Skyrim, but the fact is that Morrowind is having another odd bug and that happens when you're doing some alchemy.

Once the ingredients are selected you can give the potion a name, but sometimes the game will still ask for a name for the potion regardless what choice you make you simple cannot make that potion.

Either reloading the game or changing cell seems to fix that particular alchemy bug before Morrowind Code Patch finally fixed the alchemy bug.

Thanks for your advice, i will try your method when this bug happens again.  :)

Yes, but before finish his sentences, he was attacked by madanach's goons. One thing that i notice, if it wasn't buggy madanach's goon would wait until Thonar finish speaking and then attack him.

Ok, that's not a bug. You should be able to attack Madanach in his cell and kill him without raising the alarm to his goons. Then escape by yourself. If you raise the alarm then yes, they'll come after you and you're a criminal because they know you've killed him.

Here is some other bugs i found this week:

005. Mount Anthor = Mount Anthor word wall showing some cracking noise as if it's active but the word not glowing. As a result i can't learn that word. This bug happens to me when i got radiant quest to kill dragon in Mount Anthor. I tried to search some other forum and it seems this bug very common and occured to almost everyone. I don't know if this is also engine bug ?

006. Morthal, Quest "Rising at Dawn" = After giving falion filled black gem, falion told me to meet him at dawn, i went out from his home and waiting until 06:00AM. Sometime falion doesn't arrive in the summoning circle and "meet falion at dawn" unable to complete.

Could be fixed by traveling to another cell and create hard save. Quit the game and load the save. Next dawn falion will be in summoning circle. Yet i would be grateful if you can confirm if this bug is fixable.

007. Whiterun, After "Glory of the Death" = After Glory to the Death, my character became a vampire, i asked Aela to change me back to werewolf and she did that. When i became a vampire again and i want to turn to human again. Then i open her dialogue to find out option to turn me to werewolf doesn't appear anymore. Is this really a bug or what ? I tried plan B, turn to human through falion, asked her to make me werewolf again, and it didn't work.

005. Mount Anthor = Mount Anthor word wall showing some cracking noise as if it's active but the word not glowing. As a result i can't learn that word. This bug happens to me when i got radiant quest to kill dragon in Mount Anthor. I tried to search some other forum and it seems this bug very common and occured to almost everyone. I don't know if this is also engine bug ?

Do you use any mods that have scripts or anything that alters Mount Anthor?  Have you also cleaned the mods in TES5Edit?

Another question is this...  Have you done the Word of Power quest that Arngeir is giving you after you have completed the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller quest?  I haven't got any problem with the wordwall on Mount Anthor since day one.

Not likely a bug.

• 4 weeks later...

007. Whiterun, After "Glory of the Death" = After Glory to the Death, my character became a vampire, i asked Aela to change me back to werewolf and she did that. When i became a vampire again and i want to turn to human again. Then i open her dialogue to find out option to turn me to werewolf doesn't appear anymore. Is this really a bug or what ? I tried plan B, turn to human through falion, asked her to make me werewolf again, and it didn't work.

From what I understand from reading over the forums about this, Aela will only offer to turn you into a werewolf one additional time (this means one time in additional to the time you are turned into a werewolf during "The Silver Hand" quest). I don't think that you are supposed to able to become a werewolf again multiple times as you are allowed to with becoming a vampire. I think this was supported by Aela's dialogue -- when you tell her you "wish to regain the beast blood," she says "Do you, now? Hircine doesn't usually bestow his favor on the fickle. But you've proven your worth. I'm willing to try".