Fetch Me That Book bug

Ancient

I have latest 1.9 patch and Unofficial 1.3.3c patch, yet this bug is still here?

Specifically "Children of the Sky" book located at Crossroads Watchtower is in question.

The book isn't in the chest.

That's a rather common problem with the fetch book quest and one that we are aware of. Unfortunately, triaging it is difficult because we cannot reliably reproduce it to troubleshoot. I've run into it myself, but I don't know what's causing it.

If you reload a save made prior to taking the quest, and then take the quest again, the book should be where it's supposed to be.

It's also that whole "reload and try again" that makes it near impossible to deal with it effectively.

I had it, too. No target marker was displayed on the map. As this book is very rare I went back to Esbern ratway's hideout and took the (I think) only specimen available in the game. That didn't validate anything and the quest is still locked in my journal.

Yes, Bethesda also attempted to address it. They apparently also failed. The reasons for why these things fail is obviously elusive.

Yes, Bethesda also attempted to address it. They apparently also failed. The reasons for why these things fail is obviously elusive.

Because there are two "Fetch Me That Book!" quests that run in sequence and repeat, and Beth only fixed one.