A couple of Bugs (Yatul and Greta)

Zombie_Head

Not sure if this was posted or if this is known.

When approaching Narzulbur stronghold for the first time, Yatul should stop you and ask for the forgemaster's fingers. She completely ignores you, and sometimes would be found indoor. When approached, and talked to, then she carries out her "normal" scrips of saying she needs the forgemaster's fingers. After the dialog, she will go back inside.

Greta in Solitude, if the amulet of talos is given, no matter how (looted of corpse or in catacombs), she will reward you, but she will still ask you to leave and anything taken from the house is considered stealing.

I can make a couple of videos regarding this if required (got some new profiles with and without the USP installed).

Thank you. 

Found something when comparing several profiles.

The profiles not using the Unofficial Skyrim Patch:

Redbelly mine has 3 Ebony ore veins

Northwind mine has 3 Iron ore veins

Profiles using Unofficial Skyrim Patch:

Redbelly mine has 3 Iron ore veins

Northwind mine has 3 Ebony ore veins

They got switched around with the unofficial patch.

Note: Differenced between the profiles are some plugins for hair, eyes and textures. No SkyRE (at all, never used it on any profile), no "enhanced dragon" mods, nothing to change the core of Skyrim from Bethesda, now new models/items introduced (no weapons, armour, follow mods etc). Only mod that is used that does change something from Bethesda is convenient horses on all profiles (with and without unofficial patch).

oh please god, don't let bethesda have excluded some NPCs from a sleep package on purpose.

Yatu is a well known issue with USKP 1.3.3, the exact cause of which is still been investigated. USKP simply added as sleep package to Yatul.

Greta on the other hand sounds like a new report to me.

switching the mines is intended and explained in the patch log

This is my fault apprently yes bethesda did avoid them sleeping cause the orc blood brother quest

posted a bug tracker entry

P:.S.

Yatul is my fault dont think i changed greta

Found something when comparing several profiles.

The profiles not using the Unofficial Skyrim Patch:

Redbelly mine has 3 Ebony ore veins

Northwind mine has 3 Iron ore veins

Profiles using Unofficial Skyrim Patch:

Redbelly mine has 3 Iron ore veins

Northwind mine has 3 Ebony ore veins

They got switched around with the unofficial patch.

Yep. That was done on purpose, because the Redbelly Mine is explicitely referred to in dialogue as an iron mine, which is further emphasized by the appearance of the location (a red dust is an inevitable side-effect of mining iron ores). Because of the relative scarcity of ebony ore veins in the game, those veins were relocated to the Northwind Mine.

This is my fault apprently yes bethesda did avoid them sleeping cause the orc blood brother quest

posted a bug tracker entry

P:.S.

Yatul is my fault dont think i changed greta

Greta was always buggy, she always had a hit or miss with her quest. Two profiles without the patch worked fine, looted the amulet off the body and talked to svari and quest was done without issues. Other time i went into the catacombs to get the amulet which also worked just fine.

Other profiles not using the patch, it was just bugged, got two amulets sometimes that would not drop from inventory even after the quest is completed, she would not reward my character at times and quest would not go away from journal even when completed.

One profile, using the patch, worked fine from start to finish, she never asked me to leave her house, i could take various items etc. 

My latest experience with the patch is a strange one, quest started after talking to svari, talked to Greta, she never rewarded me and asked me to leave (i was trespassing). It happened both when i looted the amulet off the corpse and when i went into the catacombs. 

I guess Greta is one of those bugs, that just have a mind of their own and do as they please.