Suggestion on revisiting trainer gold after training Bug #61

Measuring

I actually recently discovered that trainers that can be followers do not receive gold when you train with them.

I'm happy about USKP fixing this damn many bugs. But I would like to raise attention on this specific one yet again.

Seeing as this bug was of an exploit type I see that this wouldn't affect people that want to play fair because they would simply

not take the money from their fellow following trainers. But for those that wish to do this so, can't do so now.

To take best of both worlds I've come up with a small solution that will satisfy many:
In the event that the trainer opens up his inventory to the player the system can check

if a NPC can train perks. If it is a trainer, remove all the gold from said inventory and then open it up.

This way, whenever you try to get his money the easy way you will find no gold.

But when you ask him to not follow you, you can still train with him and pickpocket the gold afterwards.

I'm willing to adjust this myself and send the mod over if that makes things easier.

Tell me what you think!

Here's the mod file: http://www.mediafire.com/download/26mh7o739tmaz10/TrainerFollowersGoldExploitFix.7z

Its a classic whackamole issue XD

Id say do the fix and post a bug since its just anouther backdoor exploit. Never hurts to try but id say this is worthy.

Sadly, I've added the issue twice to the bugtracker here but it got removed twice.

Guess I'll just work on the mod and post a link to it here when it's done.

Alright, I created something and quickly tested it with Faendal in Riverwood (that can train you in archery).

The mod is in the top post.

You need Nexus mod manager to include the files (or extract the contents to skyrim's data folder..).

I've changed all the followers on this page: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Trainers

What does it do?

When you open the trade inventory of a follower (that can train in something like archery) it removes the gold temp from the inventory.

After you close it, it adds it back up again.

What does this mean?

Whenever you can pickpocket a trainer, you can see it's gold. Whenever he follows you, you can't pickpocket him (only trade with him).

Whenever you trade, all the money is removed from the trainer's inventory so you can't take it gratis.

I haven't changed that, you can't (and you never could).

But I still need to test all the followers to be 100% sure it works.

i think this would make this solution the most consistent:

you can always pickpocked them, but you can never just take it from them.

but the question is: would this even be possible to script?

I'm pretty confident you can because there are mods that make children pickpocket-able.

But in vanilla Skyrim: when somone follows you and you crouch, it says "Talk".

I'm not sure if I should change this. 

Sadly, I've added the issue twice to the bugtracker here but it got removed twice.

For the record, I would like to say that your bug reports have not been deliberately removed. We had some database issues last night and, unfortunately, you were probably the most affected.

As for your proposal to change how the follower-trainer gold is handled, after having discussed it with the team, we like the way it's currently set up in the Unofficial Patches. What you're suggesting would make the system unnecessarily complicated and also more prone to errors. However, I'm sure that some would appreciate it as a stand-alone mod.