The leveled predator dilemma

Sclerocephalus

Almost forgot about this one, which I was working on about two weeks ago before I became aware of some glitches that required another "quick look" at the weapon rack scripts ...

http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/files/file/794-lvlpredatorscript-fix/

It is well known that the LvlPredatorScript constantly prints errors on the log, which all are revolving around the script's trials to modify the enable state of enable-parented references. Without going into details, this script basically does nothing else than enabling or disabling individual predators, based on immersion and balancing considerations. Enable parents should take precedence, because they handle the appearance of predator animals at certain quest locations and in areas where military camps may be installed. Thus, just removing them was not an option, but this would have implied to live with the script not working or to remove it altogether, but that wasn't a satisfactory solution either.

To solve this dilemma, I have modified the script and "inverted" the enable marker links of all affected predators. That is, the link from the enable markers to the predators have been removed and instead links from the predators to the enable markers installed. For this purpose, two new keywords had to be created (USKPPredatorEnableParent and USKPPredatorInverseEnableParent). The script has been enabled to check the status of the marker, so it knows in which enable state the predator would have been if it was still linked to it. If the marker state indicates that the predator should be disabled, this will take precedence and only if that's not the case, it will continue the considerations it was conceived for. In other words, the script will now handle the job of the enable markers.

This has been running in the background during most of the time I spent on testing the weapon rack scripts and appears to work properly now. The errors on the log are completely gone.

Absolutely great news! Those continuous errrors from lvlpredatorscript have been driving me crazy. I hope Arthmoor will be willing to insert this to the ongoing beta as I would love to see log void of these errors. Thank you!

Absolutely great news! Those continuous errrors from lvlpredatorscript have been driving me crazy. I hope Arthmoor will be willing to insert this to the ongoing beta as I would love to see log void of these errors. Thank you!

+1

to a final thorough week of beta