Hello!

Shadowblade

Gor Blimey, Strewth O'Reilly, Charlie Guvn'r! :blink:

I don't think I've ever had so much trouble signing up for a forum. The completely burred, illegible writing I am supposed to copy is one thing, but I KNEW that the natives of Summerset Isles are the Altmer or High Elves!

But no, I had to try again.

"Who did Bob Dole lose to in some election or other?"

" F*** Knows, I'm British!" is apparently not an acceptable response! :wub:

Who did GW Bush run against in 2004? Not Clinton, then.

What did Bush do at some time or other? No idea.

Who was President in 1982? You sure it wasn't Regan? :angry:

Who was President of the USA in 1978? Huh? :wallbash:

I'm beginning to detect a cultural bias here!

So I kept clicking SUBMIT until I got a question I could answer and some writing I could read. It took so long I almost didn't order my curry in time.

Could I suggest some more general questions even Sarah Palin could answer, like:

"What is the chemical symbol for Hydrogen?

"What is the currency of France"

"Is Africa a country or a continent?"

"Is Iraq next to Israel or North Korea?"

I mean, the point is to prove I am not a Robot, right, not that I'm a member of the John Birch society?

Anyway, I'm in now. Must eat and watch my DVD.

I shall return!

:lol:

Sorry it wasn't quite so pleasant, and yes there's a tad bit of cultural bias in play here. Tends to happen when the admins are Americans. Nothing Google couldn't solve though, which was ultimately the point.

Not that the questions are completely stopping bots from registering either, cause they have.

On another forum where I ran more generic questions like symbols for Hydrogen and who stars in what movie type of things, the bots had zero trouble defeating those after they had learned the text. They seem to have less luck with the game specific stuff considering Google may not always help there.

Also the off year questions about who was president when seem to stymie them for some reason. 1982? Not the usual year people first think of being associated with Reagan.

Plus I think the cultural bias angle helps to defeat many of the hired banks of human spammers that operate out of China, Russia, and India. That was mainly a side effect though.

Your post made the most interesting read :lmao:

However, I'm sorry that you had trouble registering. In any case, welcome to the forums!

Your post made the most interesting read :lmao:

However, I'm sorry that you had trouble registering. In any case, welcome to the forums!

Agreed, I couldn't say it better than myself and of course welcome to the AFK Mods forum! :banana:

Welcome to the forums, Shadowblade! That was a fun read, though I don't think you had as much fun while actually trying to sign up.  :lol:

Hey guys, I just had an idea (this might be utterly stupid, mind you)! On the Beth forums we have the Fishy stick for new members. Would it be fun to have a similar thing here?

Like,say, a.....dun! dun! duuuuun! Horker stick!

Hey guys, I just had an idea (this might be utterly stupid, mind you)! On the Beth forums we have the Fishy stick for new members. Would it be fun to have a similar thing here?

Like,say, a.....dun! dun! duuuuun! Horker stick!

Why not...  Good idea! :banana:

I like the idea of a Horker Stick and why haven't I thought about that before is beyond me. :D

Also the off year questions about who was president when seem to stymie them for some reason. 1982? Not the usual year people first think of being associated with Reagan.

So I had it right all along! I just spelled it wrong! (hangs head in shame...) :redface:

Well, I enjoyed my curry and the movie, "Attack on the Block".

VERY culturally biased. A youth gang of Afro-Caribbean, Anglo and mixed race kids on a council estate (projects? Social housing?) in South London fend off alien-invading, gorilla-wolf-mo-fo's, blood. Is you dissing me? You mean you cams here bringin' arms to me like I is some no go, lo life, mo-fo? We jacked the Bully van den crashed into da Whip, so he brings his strap and blows da dude's throat out! Dey is Gollums from space, bruv, this is some bare creature, ain't no creation, cuz! I ain't chatting! Believe!"

I had to turn the subtitles on. And it just reproduced what they said verbatim! :rofl:

Thanks for the welcome. I'm glad there are still some places where humour is not banished to Oblivion.

I could suggest:

Which British Prime Minister had a boat called Morning Cloud?

Who was the leader of the NUM during the Miner's Strike in the 1980s?

Which pipe-smoking Prime Minister said "This will not affect the pound in your pocket"?

Who sang lead vocals on Nowhere Man?

Which Chancellor of the Exchequer was known for his heavy eyebrows?

Which leader of the Labour party was known for his donkey jacket?

Who's death caused crowds in the street to sing "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead"?

Can anyone answer these without resorting to Google?

Gor Blimey, Mary Poppins!

Cheers!

~.~