Multiple Elemental Weapons enchantments and the chaos madness

VaultDuke

as you will know, the destruction perks that add the 25% and 50% damage bonus to their respective elements work on weapon enchantments as well.

this is all fair game in my opinion. the calculation itself however is horrible, when you add multiple enchantments to one weapon.

what it does is, it adds the 1.5 Bonus to both enchantments. and when you add 2 elemental enchantments to a weapon it becomes 1.5*1.5 for both.

and with the new chaos enchantment from DB the lunacy multiplies even further.

the chaos enchantment counts as all three elements, so with the 6 perks, one gets a multiplicator of 1.5^3.

now add a second elemental enchantment to the wepon, and the chaos enchantment gets multiplied by 1.5^4 and the second enchantment by 1.5^2.

if you do this with a stalhrim weapon and a frost enchantment as the second effect, add another multiplicator of 1.25^2 to that.

that's a factor of 7.9 to each of the chaos sub enchantments, when it should only be 1.875.

is there a way to change this with the CK? or is this an engine bug that can't be fixed?

any creative ideas, how this could be solved?

So basically you are saying that the destruction perks do not separate the damage bonuses for each enchanted element individually rather to the entire enchant multiple times based on the amount of elements involved? Then resulting in the enchant becoming very imbalanced, yes?

yes exactly.

and i think the enchanting process is hardcoded, and it would require some clever scripting or fiddling with the CK to get propper behaviour.

if it is even possible.

i'm basically asking if someone has some clever ideas what could be done from a moders perspective.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a rough idea off the top of my head here...

First the problematic magic effects would need unique keywords for example fireenchant, frostenchant, shockenchant, chaosenchant, stalhrimenchant, and fierysoulenchant. Second, conditions would need to be added to each destruction Augmented perks (not in the main perk conditions but the perk entries conditions) to check when the player has these keywords.

Each destruction perk would need a priority based on conditions. (For example lets say the priority is fire>frost>shock) if the player has AugmentedFlames and AugmentedFrost perks then the AugmentedFlames perk would only be active and AugmentedFrost perk would be inactive.

Example

//AugmentedFrost - check for perk (AugmentedFlames wouldn't have this as its top priority)

[HasPerk AugmentedFire = 0]and

//or for AugmentedShock you would
[HasPerk AugmentedFire = 0]or   [HasPerk AugmentedFrost = 0]and

The end result is that AugmentedFlames is always active if you have it. AugmentedFrost and AugmentedShock only work if you do not have one of the perks with higher priority.

The Augment Perks would require multiple perk entries with different combinations of keyword checks to ensure one entry is active at a time. This is a process I would much rather not try to describe. As much as I would love to be able to make everything happen with one perk entry it would be impossible to implement the combinations of enchantment keyword checks and Augment perk checks otherwise.

Elemental spells will certainly be altered while these enchants are active. The one thing I am not sure of is which condition could be used to check for weapon swings. It might then be possible to only deactivate the perks while the player is swinging their weapon.