Question on USKP 1.3

jasmerd

@whoever worked on the FXcritter stuff.

I downloaded/installed 1.3 and was hoping this would fix up my error.   Though it didnt' exactely fix all of the errors it fixed most of mine.  Basically I am getting stuck in an endless loop.  While other insect types fail 3dloading as well - they will atleast abort - the crittermoth I believe did not do this correctly until recently.   This does become part of my save so as soon as I load up the script fires up and endlessly fails.  So I am forever running from the dreaded FireFly

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

[03/03/2013 - 04:24:33PM] Error: Unable to call Is3DLoaded - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
    [None].Firefly.Is3DLoaded() - "<native>" Line ?
    [None].Firefly.OnStart() - "FireFly.psc" Line 68
    [None].Firefly.OnUpdate() - "Critter.psc" Line 270
[03/03/2013 - 04:24:33PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp4"
stack:
    [None].Firefly.OnStart() - "FireFly.psc" Line 68
    [None].Firefly.OnUpdate() - "Critter.psc" Line 270

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

What I have noticed since the patch upgrade is that errors cycles have dropped from 20 per second down to an odd iteration of 4  and 7 per second.  I kind of verified that it become part of the save and went to a "COLD WEATHER" cell where there are no dragon flies, saved my game restarted and found the errors right off.. anyway - this is the 3rd time through installing and this comes up for me late in my game..

101 hd bugs is the only "insect" mod I am running.

thx for any insight

-jaz

• 2 weeks later...

After stepping backwards to a save game that did not have the firefly error I have been able to run skyrim without this condition re occuring.  However my save games have been growing in size and are now about 14mb.  I tried using the save game cleaner by seifer69er.. I ran version V1.3 of his save game cleaner and the error re surfaced.  

so

restored back to the game that was not "cleaned" with v1.3 skyrim savegame cleaner

error went away

updated skyrim savegame cleaner to v1.7  and ran through the save game clean process

with v1.7 there are no more fire fly errors.

I am pretty sure the original occurance of this error was due to the savegame clean process that I sadly overlooked

Don't use that utility. There is no such thing as a clean save. It can't happen. All you're doing is creating catastrophic damage to the state of your game up to that point. You'll need to either revert back to a save from before you started poking at this stuff (which wasn't necessary btw, that error is harmless) or scrap what you have and start over.

ty for the response art

I did follow your advice and reverted back to a save file that was not "cleansave" processed with cleansave utility.

-jaz