[Skyrim] Jarl Korir - Can't Start Helm of Winterhold

Rarity

I've been on a quest to become thane of all 9 holds. My next stop has left me in Winterhold. I went and invested in the store, helped Ranmir pay of his debts  and reunited him with his late love.. I also stole the staff for the Jarl's Steward and did 2 favor quests for the members of the Collage. All in all, I've helped 6 people.

I've made my way to the Jarl to start the Quest to retrieve the Helm of Winterhold, however there is no option to ask the Jarl for work. The only mods I am using are the unofficial patches...

If I use the console to set my relationship rank to 2 with the Jarl, I immediately get the option of becoming Thane if I help the people of Winterhold.. it is  entirely possible to skip this quest and become thane this way. The quest updates as normal, showing I have helped the people; however, I would like to return the helm of Winterhold anyway.

I used the console to try and setstage, but there is no clear way to get the quest to even appear without first triggering it, and yes.. I have disabled the unofficial patches and tried again.

Upon checking my relationship with the Jarl using console commands it is always set to 0. It is my understanding that doing favors for the people of a hold is supposed to increase your relationship with the Jarl, but mine isn't; however, I don't think this has anything to do with the quest because the quest does not have any disposition requirements on it.

Any help would be appreciated. I need to see this through.

It would appear from the data changes in Patch 1.9 (which is in beta right now) that the issues with this quest have been resolved. Thus we no longer have a reason to touch it and it's changes will be out of the USKP once we've reached a point where we can enter beta with it.