Scripts associated with Items

Hello,

a lot of Items have a long number of scripts associated to them (pretty at the top when viewed in TES5Edit).

what does this line mean in general? what does it mean, when USKP has other numbers than vanilla Skyrim?

and what if a have a mod that changes these items (e.g. a better sorting mod, that changes all the names), would i break anything, if i use TES5Edit to copy the uskp-skyript line over to the other file?

should i do this? shouldn't i do this? or does it not matter?

You can't manipulate scripts with TESVEdit yet. Not until 3.0.28 goes public. So just ignore the script conflicts for now unless you REALLY know what you're doing with false flagged ESP files and can handle making a compatibility patch in the CK.

so what happens if i copy the line over from uskp into another mod?

just garbage and i'll be happy if it doesn't break anything?

what if a switch back to the vanilla line (you see, i'm not talking about the skripts themselves, just the line that seems to be related to skripts, somehow), will this fix things? or at least not make it worse?

what if i want to change some of the items inside the uskp, as in: make a mod that has the fixes inside, but adds something extra. should i keep the "skripts" line from uskp or switch back to the vanilla line?

You'll break something if you copy the VMAD data without using the script too.

Just wait for TES5Edit 3.0.28 if you need to do things like that.

3.0.28? that's two versions in the future. I suppose you know something about their development plan. O.o

does copying the vmad record and then puuting the script into the correct data-subfolder work? or are we completely lost at copying these thing atm?

Can't copy those until 3.0.28. You'll break something if you try since VMAD data has lots of places to hide form IDs.

Yes, they apparently decided to skip 3.0.27. I don't know why. I've been helping to put 3.0.28 through its paces and it should be ready to roll when Dragonborn is out.

So, if i understood well, you can't simply "drag and drop" or "copy/paste" the vmad lines with tes5edit, from the uskp.esp to another mod's .esp that has not these vmad lines?

Beacuse i've done this with a mod that overhaul many npcs...i thought i was doing something useful :)

So, with the new Tes5edit version, will i be able to do that without corrupting anything?

Thx!

So, if i understood well, you can't simply "drag and drop" or "copy/paste" the vmad lines with tes5edit, from the uskp.esp to another mod's .esp that has not these vmad lines?

Beacuse i've done this with a mod that overhaul many npcs...i thought i was doing something useful :)

So, with the new Tes5edit version, will i be able to do that without corrupting anything?

Thx!

Yes you did, but waiting is a virtue. :)

Yeah, you need to wait. Right now there's a good chance you've dragged something over that is now corrupted because the data isn't decoded properly.