Question about new Smelters

Hello all from the USkP Team,

i have a small question regarding the new Heat effect on the smelters.

i understand it was a mesh edit, and thus should potentially work with mods that add smelters as well.

now here is the odd part: i use detailed cities and it add a lot of smelters to smithing areas that didn't have one.

now the smelter in Riverwood for example has the nice new heat blur effect on it, just as i expected.

the smelter added to the skyforge however lacks that effect.

it is a standard smelter of course (at least it look like one).

does anybody of you have an idea what might be the problem? any directions where i should be looking for an incompatibility?

p.s.: was the new heat effect supposed to be added lower than the surface of the molten metal? while it is a major improvement over vanilla, right now the line where the effect starts of quite visible (i.e.: straight horizontal line where blurring begins). this would be less obvious of the blur effect was raised to the surface level of the metal and maybe slimmed in its width to match the pot.

edit: TES5Edit reveals some differences:

the Skyforge version has some record Flags added.

PersistentReference QuestItem DisplaysInMainMenu

RandomAnimationStart NeverFades

what do they do, and do they even make sense for an added smelter?

Edited by Gruftlord

The vanilla smelter object is what got the mesh edit, so any mod using the vanilla smelter will see the effect. If the added one in that mod doesn't have the effect, it's using a non-vanilla mesh to accomplish that. No telling why that would be done, but that author is welcome to grab the heat blur from the mesh and use it. It's just a copied heat map from fire objects anyway.

as i said, it uses the same meshes, the only difference i could find were those added keywords.

i'll have a try at it and see what happens if i remove those (they are not present at any other smelters i could find after some quick glances)

edit: removing the RandomAnimationStart NeverFades Flag did the trick. heat visible now.

anyway, do you by chance know what this flag is originally supposed to do?

p.s.: took a closer look at the heat position, i guess i'll file a bug report about this one. some repositioning will help this look better a lot

Edited by Gruftlord