[BUG REPORT] guard error random

udonsan

hey there people wanted to do a bug report so i hope iam in the correct location in this forum,

i made a account just for this

There is a very serious bug considering sleeping/waiting/fast travel

i dont know what the trigger is for the bug either

i fast traveld to the cave above winterhelm and when i got out i wanted to fast travel to riften.

then i got the message i could not fast travel with guards chasing me

since there where no guards there or anywhere near i could find (even with cheating i could not find them)

i crisscrossed the map 3 times and no effect in a attempt to fixed it removed all mods and activated them all 1 by 1

all was working fine until i activated the USP in the mod manager then same problem

if i posted this on the wrong section or wrong location please excuse me

It sounds like an engine bug to me and I´ve seen similar effects (repair equipment, practice alchemy) in both Morrowind, Oblivion.

There is a few things that you can do by your self.

• Always clean your installed mods by follow this guide (even Update.esm needs cleaning)
  • Always update both tools (BOSS+masterlist/user masterlist, Wrye Bash, TES5Edit, SKSE) and all installed mods, but also change back if there is issues
  • Always clean your gamesaves in Wrye Bash first then if that doesn´t help just deactivate mods until the issue is gone

Fast travel is not something modders have any control over beyond calling the function.

Unfortunately whatever caused this for you was NOT caused by the USKP and is as Leonardo says, probably an underlying bug in the game itself that Bethesda will need to fix in an update at some point.