Incorrect fixes for cloak spells

Dimon

I'd just like to point out that the fixes to the cloak spells ("Flame, Frost and Shock Cloaks and Runes will now be properly augmented by their relevant Augmented perks in the Destruction tree", v1.0) made by this patch are incorrect, and in fact not needed.

Specifically, this concerns the magic effects FireCloakFFSelf, FrostCloakFFSelf and ShockCloakFFSelf.

The description of the above mentioned magic effects now shows the area instead of the damage done (the patch changed it from vanilla's static <8> to <mag>, however the magnitude for these magic effects does not determine the spells' damage, only their radius.

Also, adding the keywords MagicDamageFire, MagicDamageFrost and MagicDamageShock to these three magic effects means that the spells' radius will now increase when picking the corresponding destruction perks ("Augmented Flames", etc).

Note that the actual damage done by the cloak spells already scales with the destruction perks in vanilla skyrim, since the magic effects responsible for the damage (FireDamageConcAimedCloak, FrostDamageConcAimedCloak and ShockDamageConcAimedPerk) already have the correct keywords set.

Obviously, the static damage description of these spells in vanilla is rather confusing (and may well be considered a bug), but the actual interaction between the "augmented" perks and the cloak spells works correctly in vanilla.

I hope this is the correct place to post this, thanks to the whole team behind the patches for their efforts, they are appreciated. :)

Interesting. That's going to have been something Kivan did. It might have been done based on a flawed understanding of things so I've passed this along to the BGS forum thread where more eyes will see it.

If it ends up not being necessary then we'd definitely want to take it out.