Possible to Edit Out Individual Changes?

Hello!

I searched the Comments & Bug Reports topics and did not see an answer to a question I had, so I will post it here.

Basically I have been enjoying the Unofficial Skyrim Patch and am grateful for the work that has, and continues to go into it. At installation it resolved quite a few bugs I had.

Unfortunately there are a couple of "issues" I wish it had not resolved and I am hoping there is a way for me to edit the patch for my personal install to remove two fixes, is this possible?

Namely I would like to remove two fixes things I used to be able to do before installing the Unofficial Skyrim Patch but keep the remainder of the fixes.

1. I am no longer able to sell about 11k worth of items at the Riverwood Trader. This appears to have been fixed in 1.0 on 2012-04-07.

2. I'm no longer able to wear a Penitus Oculatus Helmet with the Aetherial Crown since with the patch it appears that the helmet now occupies both the circlet and hair slots. This looks to have been fixed in 1.2 on 2012-09-01

*To be clear! I am not requesting for the modding team to edit out these changes, or for a means to be provided for individual changes to be edited out.

*I just wanted to know if it is possible for me to open up the files, find the specific changes and essentially comment them out, or if the files are compiled in some format that does not allow this to happen.

Thank you in advance for any assistance, help, advice, or redirect to a better location to have this question solved!

Cheers,

Augestflex

First welcome to Dark Creations Augestflex! :beerchug:

I think you'll have a better result if you use TES5Edit or TESVGecko, but I doubt you cannot do much with TESVGecko anyway and probably Arthmoor can give you a better advice than me. :)

TES5Edit is one way, yes. For those two fixes it would do the job just fine. You need to be familiar with how it works though and with what to look for, and that's not really something I have time to go into.

The second, and less likely to mess something up, is to use the CK and deliberately dirty up the affected entries. Then save that as a mod.

The first method has a downside. When the USKP updates, you have to do that work all over again. The second method would be more permanent, but occupies a mod slot you might want for something later on.

Mmmh beer smilies :-) Thank you Leonardo!

Arthmoor, I went ahead and downloaded the CK and will take a look at creating a second mod of USKP with the two entries changed. I wont' waste your time with that, I can research it separately. Since I only have the High Resolution Texture Pack, Unofficial Skyrim Patch, and SkyUI I'm not too worried about losing a mod slot.

Remaining question: I like the idea of not having to make changes all over again when USKP updates, will it be a problem to essentially have the near duplicate mod installed that has the two dirty entries but is otherwise the same as USKP and USKP installed at the same time? Or just load order takes care of that?

Thanks again!

Cheers,

Augestflex

I'm just curious. What USKP version are you using right now and what USKP version do you want to do the edits for? Also what Skyrim patch (just look in left bottom while pressing Esc) do you have in your game.

I'm just curious. What USKP version are you using right now and what USKP version do you want to do the edits for? Also what Skyrim patch (just look in left bottom while pressing Esc) do you have in your game.

Hello again Leonardo!

USKP is 1.2.3a.

Skyrim is: 1.8.151.0.7 with SKSE 1.6.3 REL 31