Assorted Bugs

Some of the following bugs may seem very minor, most of which don't effect scripts, and are simply world errors, but it would be great to see such simple resolution to these (even I could fix these, and if these are decided too subtle to fix, I will do so). All of them have pictures of the problem, and most of them come along with a picture of the map showing where the general area is to enable speedy location and fixing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Static models inside one of the towers at the Autumnwatch Tower appear to be floating off of the ground.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

High Hrothgar front steps do not connect properly with the upper platform.

The cliff along Mount Anthor does not reach the ground at this location.

Chest opens the wrong direction in tent at Dead Crone Rock.

I may have some more similar errors if these prove to be useful reports. Sorry for the sizable post (atleast I took the time to downsize the images), and I hope this is right way and format of reporting this type of thing. Thank you for your time, and I hope to see Skyrim be an imperfection-free world like it would want to be.

Chest opens the wrong direction in tent at Dead Crone Rock.

Good catch on that one.

I don´t know about the Mount Anthor though since I can't recall to actually have notice it in-game. Your first one could probably correct these statics in CK then save it as a patch.

I don´t know about the Mount Anthor though since I can't recall to actually have notice it in-game.

Yea, I was kind of climbing around on the mountains where most players probably wouldn't end up ( :D ), but I certainly wasn't expecting a hole in the cliffside big enough to walk through.

I wish I had a screen shot of the safe in that detached smaller building at the Thalmor Embassy (I believe). It's completely backwards and unlike the chest prior, doesn't even look partially right. I'll grab a screenshot later, but I doubt it would be too hard to find (if not already found).

Edit: Got it. It's the only object with editor ID "Safewithlock" in the cell "ThalmorEmbassy2", so a quick cell search would find it.

Safe visible from room, no padlock or opening mechanism.

Corrected safe with lock visible to player. Perhaps Thalmor like to pretend their big hunks of metal aren't safes, but it actually clips with the wall when opened, and would have to be slid out to be opened.

Edited by craigape

Edit: Got it. It's the only object with editor ID "Safewithlock" in the cell "ThalmorEmbassy2", so a quick cell search would find it.

No because this picture (even if it's for Morrowind the same method is used in both Oblivion and Skyrim) has all information a modder needs to know. :)

No because this picture (even if it's for Morrowind the same method is used in both Oblivion and Skyrim) has all information a modder needs to know. :)

You can't get that kind of info in the base game, Leo. Craigape has provided enough information.

Thanks Craigape.

That does seem like a much more effecient way, I'll start using that for any future errors I find, so that any errors like the one along Mount Anthor are even possible to be found. Thanks guys.

It's far quicker to open the console, click on a nearby object, and note down the ID number it shows you. Even if it's not the right one, it will be close enough to be able to find it much faster since the CK can do ID lookups through the edit->"find text" option. Screenshots are always good though because they illustrate the actual problem. They're just not good for knowing precisely where the stuff is.

It's far quicker to open the console, click on a nearby object, and note down the ID number it shows you. Even if it's not the right one, it will be close enough to be able to find it much faster since the CK can do ID lookups through the edit->"find text" option. Screenshots are always good though because they illustrate the actual problem. They're just not good for knowing precisely where the stuff is.

Something like this picture.

I thought I had the ID number, but now I don't know exactly what it was and all I know now it's just in front of the entrance to the tower in Nilheim. As you can see the Nordic stone bridge is floating.

All right, I think I've got it now. I revisited the Mount Anthor problem, as it bothered me a bit more than the others, and got the ID and a better location shot. ID: 0008de6e

Turns out the cliff piece in question is much closer to the top of Mount Anthor than I remember. Might be some landmarks to help you find it in the following screenshot. :D

Hopefully I'm being helpful by this point and not just irritating, but hey, atleast I can assure you there is a hole in the cliffside.

Edited by craigape

It's hard for me to spot the hole in the cliffside.

Just a comparison take a look of my picture above yours you can clearly see what's wrong, so if you take the picture from a different angle perhaps the hole in the cliffside will easy to spot than you have now.

I don't want to sound negative about your pictures and all I want is to give you an advice. :)

I don't want to sound negative about your pictures and all I want is to give you an advice. :)

Certainly that is no problem, I greatly appreciate your willingness to work with me. A picture from another angle was in the first post on the thread, it's the Mount Anthor one.

Edit: Moving forward, is there some other way I should report bugs like these, or will these be considered at their current state here?

Edited by craigape