Transferring Bugs from 16 Bugs

AndalayBay

Arthmoor, did you want a hand transferring the bugs from the 16 Bugs tracker? If so, tell me where to start. Also, who are they being assigned to here? We should reconfigure the tracker here so that Kivan isn't notified anymore.

They'll have to get reassigned to me by default I guess. Joy :P

There's a meta bug tracking what's been done: http://bugzilla.darkcreations.org/show_bug.cgi?id=248

Shouldn't be a whole lot left, but it needs to get rolling because 2 weeks of the 2 month renewal are already gone. I've left out stuff I know are bogus reports since I was working up from #1. There's a lot of junk that are clearly issues caused by mods, use of the console commands, or are issues for the 360/PS3 that we obviously don't cover. Kivan never did report 360/PS3 issues to Bethesda because it wouldn't have done much good. Especially since they haven't acted on a lot of what he sent them via the PC.

Gotcha. Ok, let me fix the config so that your inbox fills up instead of Kivan's. Then I'll see what I can pick up.

Ok, the config has been fixed. Should I just start moving bugs or try to evaluate them first? The very first bug I looked at #1868 looks suspicious to me. I'm pretty sure that quest ended for me just fine and I didn't use the healing option. Also, I'd have to look some of these up in the CK - I haven't even done half the quests they're talking about.

So would grabbing a batch from 1021 and onwards be ok? Also, how do you handle the comments? Do you just copy them all and paste them into a single comment?

Edit: Also do we move the Beth placeholder bugs over?

Edited by AndalayBay

Yeah, that would be fine. Comments that are nothing but "me too" or basically saying "I have that on Xbox" or whatever aren't worth the bother. Most of the comments in bugs aren't of any real value.

I'd just go ahead and make each comment into a new comment in Bugzilla, which seems to work fine. So long as the logic flow is preserved.

Ok. I'll copy comments that provide more information and ignore the rest. Not sure you saw my edit: do we copy the Beth placeholder bugs over too? I'm not sure we have a user set up for that.

And what the heck do I do with this? https://unofficialskyrimpatch.16bugs.com/projects/7078/bugs/214574 I'm thinking of ignoring the original "bug" and just creating one for the mesh issues.

Edited by AndalayBay

If they're still open, yes, but they're no longer placeholders for them. They're issues like any other that we'll fix if we can. If it's something we can't, don't bother bringing it over unless you're going to mark it closed as unfixable by us. I don't see any point in having a bunch of lingering bugs that Bethesda isn't even paying attention to anymore. They haven't been for some time now anyway.

Heh, we seem to have a knack for posting at the same time today... I think I edited my previous post while you were posting.

That's not a mesh issue. It's a problem caused by the use of room bounding boxes. I don't really know how to deal with that, except perhaps to drop the room bounds entirely since the area really isn't big enough to need them.

The original "bug" is bullshit though. He doesn't just drop from doing nothing, you have to attack him.

Oh yeah, those are loads of fun. Especially when a lot of what Headbomb calls fixes are design decisions or not actual bugs in need of attention. And I get yelled at for having done that once or twice while he throws whole lists and people say nothing. :P

Is there no way to do italic text in Bugzilla?

It doesn't look like it. I'll ask Dan, but it seems to be stripping out all formatting. The bullets get removed too. This seems to be another area where a forum-based tracker would be better. The links get stripped out too. The URL is listed, but it's not a link anymore.

Now Kivan did say that the ones in italics have been either fixed already or officially patched, so maybe we could just delete those.

One thing I haven't tried is adding BBCode to the description. Maybe that would work.

If we can't preserve the formatting, how do you want to proceed?

Confirmed: Bugzilla doesn't support text formatting in descriptions or comments. It has been requested, but not approved by a developer yet.

Shall I go through and remove all the italicized comments and copy the rest over?

Yeah, may as well drop the ones that are already used. I don't see anything in Kivan's notes about credit going to these people for actually fixing the problem, but that bug I suppose is still a handy reference for people to see which mods the USKP makes obsolete. I'll copy the list to a text file or something so the information isn't just lost.

I've got an even better idea! Why don't I just attach this to the new bug tracker entry?

That maintains all the formatting and links. I even embedded the screenshot. I'll attach the screenshot separately so we have it at full-size.

Edit: This one looks like crap to me: https://unofficialskyrimpatch.16bugs.com/projects/7078/bugs/214889 I'm skipping it.

Edited by AndalayBay

Yep, that'll do the trick. :)

Also yes, that's a crap bug report. Thieves Guild ended just fine for me before the USKP even existed. It ends just fine for pretty much everyone unless they broke it since December.