USKP Beta 1.05 Released on DC

AndalayBay

Copying Arthmoor's release announcement from Bethesda's forums for those independent souls that don't visit Beth. :P

Skyrim Patch 1.6 introduced two critically bad bugs:

Edited vanilla dialogue causes the audio and subtitles to fail to display.

Edited races cause the 1st person model to vanish.

As a result, ALL edits to dialogue of any sort and ALL edits to races which were intended to fix the vampire eye issues have been removed.

A temporary update for the USKP has been issued to address this, but it isn't entirely without use as several other bugs which can be safely fixed have been. Kivan likely has an even larger pile of them in waiting, but he's currently dealing with some personal issues and a hardware failure and is unable to make those available at this time. Basically you're getting the fixes I sent his way to include in the 1.1 update. I'm calling this one a 1.05 for now.

Download the 1.05 BETA at Dark Creations

Loose file installs will need to remove the following files

For the Nirnroot fix:

A_MMM_RemovalScript.pex and A_MMM_RemovalScript.psc

DefaultDeleteSelfonreset.pex and DefaultDeleteSelfonreset.psc

NirnrootACTIVATORscript and NirnrootACTIVATORscript.psc

For Blood on the Ice:

QF_MS11_0001F7A3.pex and QF_MS11_0001F7A3.psc

QF_MS11b_00020556.pex and QF_MS11b_00020556.psc

If we ever get updated Papyrus source code beyond the 4 that issued with CK 1.6.91 we will merge our fixes to Blood on the Ice with theirs. Until then, our fixes are disruptive and cause oddities in progression to happen.

Or, perhaps some kind soul could find a way to decompile these and allow us to determine what's going on.

Bugs fixed since the 1.0 release

The number listed in front is the tracker issue number from the 16bugs site. Yes, we do look there occasionally tongue.png

Quests

#165: "A night to Remember" - The statement enabling the hagraven has been moved from stage 10 to stage 100 to try and prevent prematurely breaking the quest.

#370: Falk Firebeard will no longer be carrying a note about the Wolf Queen quest before it's actually time for it to exist.

#386: The "aspiring mage" random encounter will no longer be animating in a weapon pose without a weapon actually being equipped.

#754: The Thieves Guild will no longer issue a radiant quest to Heimskr's house in Whiterun to avoid issues with the house not being accessible after the battle.

#1235: "Drowned Sorrows" will now produce proper journal entries and objectives instead of being entirely silent and never telling the player where to go. Expect to see this quest log several entries upon loading the game the first time after this update is added. (The portion for Vex's lines was cut due to patch 1.6)

#1302: The Companions radiant missions will no longer choose dead people as their rescue targets, and if the quest is freshly started already, a dead target will be resurrected since it's otherwise impossible to manipulate an event driven quest while it's in progress.

#1318: "Falion's Secret" will now produce proper journal entries and allow the scene with the Jarl to play properly. The quest will also properly shut down once it's been completed.

#1340: Forsworn will no longer respawn inside Kolskeggr Mine and slaughter the workers.

#1341: "The White Phial" will no longer prevent the player from dropping briar hearts after it should be completed. The quest was never told to stop running which was holding the aliases open and causing the quest item flags to stick. The Steam achievement counter that should be incremented by this quest is also fixed.

#1434: The random Redguards and a woman encounter will stop occurring once the quest in Whiterun is resolved.

#1527: There should no longer be an odd Aspect of Peryite showing up at weird times. The quest those belong to was never properly shut down.

#1607: Ugor has been given a "protected" flag to prevent the giant attack on Largashbur from breaking the dialogue which follows.

#1624: Fixed the tracking quest that handles the Thieves Guild trophies on display for the radiant quests.

#1711: The quest to rescue Malborn from a Khajiit assassin had a hidden timer on it which was grossly unfair to the player since they could enter Windhelm and never know this was supposed to be an issue.

#1737: The map marker for Nightingale Hall will no longer be visible until the Thieves Guild quest calls for it.

Factions

#1229: Jaree-ra should no longer turn hostile against the player if they commit crimes in Solitude.

Weapons & Armor

#1234: All 6 versions of the Nightingale Bow and one version of Nord Hero Bow have been set to silent detection level like all other bows in the game.

#1601: Stats mistakes for a couple of iron sword, ebony dagger, orcish waraxe - Iron sword and orcish waraxe fixed. Bethesda already got the ebony dagger.

#1698: The Staff of Thunderbolts had the wrong enchantment on it. It now matches the pattern of other staves in the same leveled lists.

NPCs and AI

#1344: Derkeethus will no longer be permanently stuck returning to Darkwater Crossing after his rescue. The AI pack did not have its owner quest set. He can now be used as a follower or be recruited by the Blades. Note though that he will still attempt to return to Darkwater Crossing one last time before the update can take hold.

#1369: Rhorlak will now properly exit Pinewatch when he's supposed to. His AI pack had no radius.

#1441: Saerlund + Harrald now have exile packages, Saerlund has a sleep package. This fixes the issues with Mistveil Keep's dinner scheduling.

#1532: J'zargo & Onmund will now properly travel to Saarthal with the rest of the students.

#1548: Narri now has a proper barmaid AI pack.

#1611: Fixed OutfitListGuardSons, OutfitListSoldierSons, and OutfitListSoldierSonsNoHelmet to prevent Stormcloaks from carrying several extra pieces of armor.

Perks & Skills

#1169: Skyforge steel smithing will now properly require the player to have the Steel Smithing perk.

Placed References

#343: Ironback Hideout lacks beds - Placed two bedrolls here.

#1222: A guard outside of Solitude was trying to walk into a structure due to his idle marker being misplaced beneath it.

#1276: Two misaligned pieces in Ebonshard Mine have been corrected.

#1329: A respawning satchel and other items in a Point of Interest scene in The Reach has all been flagged not to respawn since the owner is now dead and removing the items should logically mean they won't simply come back again later.

#1444: Sleeping Tree Camp's giant fire now has a light source placed.

#1457: Ther will no longer be an unsourced light at the camp near Snow Veil Sanctum after the camp is removed.

#1465: Shroud Hearth Barrow will no longer have a see-through wall due to a misaligned room bound object.

#1555: Moved a barrel in the external guardhouses in Whiterun so that it's no longer possible to jump through the gaps using it and end up outside of the city walls.

#1669: Two pieces of jewelry embedded in one of the display counters in Whiterun's outdoor market have been raised and placed on the display table.

#1686: A chest in the Thalmor embassy was rotated 180 degrees out of position and has been fixed.

Scene Fixes

#1223: Ulfric and Galmar will no longer have the conversation about Balgruuf after the Battle of Whiterun.

Script Fixes

#1498: Updated the fix for the random dust effects so they will no longer trigger onload() errors. Note: This will not take affect in an existing game due to Papyrus scripts sticking to the save game.

Text Fixes

#513: "Honed Draugr War Axe" should be "Honed Ancient Nord War Axe"

#1399: Edited the descriptions on the vampirism weakness to fire to remove the confusing negative signs.

#1544: Fists of Steel perk description has removed mention of the armor rating. The perk functions correctly. It was a description error.

#1549: Descriptions of the Shield Wall perks have been corrected.

#1565: A typo corrected in Dawnbreaker's effect description.

God dammit Bethesda! What the fucking fuck did you do to this thing?!?

Naked Thieves Guild members everywhere!

Fixed, but if this keeps up, I'm not going to bother anymore.

Edited by Arthmoor

Sounds like some bugs makes this games *alpha-stable* while fixed bugs automatically creates new ones. :P

Well some of us aren't complaining. :whistle: What caused it?

Saving the mod using CK 1.6.91. It's a new bug. You can't edit ANY armors or that's what happens to them.

Also, I can't believe nobody put 2 and 2 together:

Fixed rare issue with dialogue subtitles not displaying properly

I wager that whatever they tried to fix is what fouled the dialogue. I suspect it's possible to restore these using the new CK because it should be aware of whatever the problem was.

I didn't try doing it with freshly edited ones, no. Just resaving with what we already had. With all the crap we've been through in the Snip thread I'm fairly convinced the CK retains record formats for whatever mods you're trying to work with even if it shouldn't be doing that. So it's possible there's incomplete data involved that won't get properly pinged until those edits are manually restored. Which, well, that just sucks, because the only way to test it is to spend a ridiculous amount of time on it.

Shit's almost enough to pack it all in and go build a couple more villages in Oblivion or something while whoever clusterfucked this gets their acts together.

I've already suggested to amajor7 that we update Imperial Furniture for Oblivion and leave the Skyrim version for now... :(

Well some of us aren't complaining. :whistle:

*fails to see the problem* :devil3:

I wonder what will happen with this fix in USKP 1.05 if I install this after I finish the quest.

#1607: Ugor has been given a "protected" flag to prevent the giant attack on Largashbur from breaking the dialogue which follows.

It would more or less be pointless for that game because she'll probably be dead already, and you've already completed the quest.

It would more or less be pointless for that game because she'll probably be dead already, and you've already completed the quest.

She is still alive and she has already got the "Follow me" topic.

Edited by Leonardo

Then you got lucky. Either way, once the quest is over the alias gets dumped so she'd revert over to whatever status the game gives her after that.

Then you got lucky. Either way, once the quest is over the alias gets dumped so she'd revert over to whatever status the game gives her after that.

Thanks to clarify that Arthmoor. :beerchug:

• 2 weeks later...

Re: dialogue bug. I got dialogue working in that Falskaar mod I'm testing by accident.

I didn't have subtitles on at first, when the npc began talking, I quickly turned them on and had the dialogue work. I then tried it with those subtitles on and ..... no dialogue or quest progression. So I turned them off again... and same thing with getting the dialogue/quest progression to work. I have posted in that forum asking if anyone else testing that mod can confirm this.

So if you flip your settings, it will "remember" them for the current discussion, if you will. But as soon as you move on to another discussion, it forgets them again? So you need to keep flipping the setting for it to work? That has to be the dumbest thing I ever heard! Not referring to you of course. I'm referring to whatever hacked up code is in there to make it behave that way, if indeed it does. We'll have to see if we can confirm this. If we can, it should help Beth fix it though.

That's why I posted that finding here. If it's reproduceable, they will listen to Arthmoor and it may help them fix this.

That trick only worked for part of the main quest for that mod I'm testing. So I don't know if it's reproducible or if it's helpful.

Thanks for checking at least. I have a feeling we're just going to have to wait on whatever the devs find. The info I passed along earlier about Armen's sword and the Jagged Crown scene was enough to get them pointed in the right direction anyway.