A mod that makes the Gildergreen sapling grow into an adult tree - conflict with UKSP?

Does anyone know if the fixes of the mod, titled "Whiterun - The Gildergreen sapling now grows into adult tree" (now can not be found in the Nexus) are also done (or will be done) by USKP?

Its description:

Welcome to the Gildergreen Tree Sapling Growth Mod!

Mod Info:

This mod allows the people who have done the Sapling way of the quest "The Blessings of Nature", to enjoy the Gildergreen sapling growing from a small sapling to a fully-grown new Gildergreen tree.

If you didn't knew, the new Gildergreen tree sapling was never designed to grow to its adult form and fully grown stage - no matter how long you have waited in your game.

For the rest of your game life, you had to live with a small tree which never grows to the big, immersive and sacred Gildergreen Tree everyone remembers from the wallpapers and the loading screen of the game.

No matter how long you wait in the game - 3 in-game weeks, 5 in-game months, or 10 in-game years. The new Gildergreen Sapling stops its aging in a half-grown form FOREVER. And thus, it never fully grows to a big immersive and sacred Gildergreen tree which is the symbol of the whole Whiterun Hold.

This mod comes to correct this. Now the people can finally enjoy the sacred tree of Whiterun in its full beauty - regardless of how you finish the quest.

Note: My mod of course does not tweaks the tree sapling's aging speed. It's aging speed remains the same. My mod's role is just to complete the tree's aging progression from a half-grown tree into a beautiful fully-grown and blooming adult Gildergreen Tree. Simple. :)

Also, does anybody know where the latest thread of USKP is in the Bethesda forums? The last thread I could find is now locked by a moderator: [WIP/RELZ] Unofficial Skyrim Patch - Thread # 6.

There were two mods that fixed the growing gildergreen. It looks like the one you are talking about got taken down. Arthmoor's mod is still up though.

Not sure that Thread # 7 has been started yet.

There were two mods that fixed the growing gildergreen. It looks like the one you are talking about got taken down. Arthmoor's mod is still up though.

Know if the USKP fixed the sapling gildergreen bug? What about Arthmoor's Gildergreen mod, were the fixes there included in USKP?

I saw this in the quest fixes list of USKP: "After the quest "The Blessings of Nature" if the player chooses the sapling option, the dead Gildergreen tree (Whiterun) will be properly removed", but am not sure if it does the same as the mod I described.

Edited by galacticninja

No, that fix just removes the dead tree. There was a bug where the old, dead tree didn't get removed when the sapling was "planted" and the USKP fixes that. At this time, it doesn't make the sapling grow. I don't know if Kivan intends to add that feature or not.

• 2 weeks later...

No, it's not the USKP's intention to do anything more than get rid of the glitchy dead tree. You'd need my Gildergreen mod to see it eventually grow into a live adult again. I wanted to incorporate this but it was felt that went beyond merely fixing a bug.

Huh? The tree is supposed to get replaced with the sapling at quest end? Didn't happen to me. I just got moaned at for bringing back a sapling instead of whatever the quest-giver sent me to do. I'd be perfectly happy with just seeing the sapling instead of the big dying tree. So the USKP is supposed to fix this? Aw, didn't for me :(

The USKP just removes the dead tree. If you want to see the sapling and watch it grow, you need Arthmoor's mod.

The original game will show the sapling as planted. Not sure what happened with Vorians' game. However the original didn't remove the dead tree, so all you'd see were a few branches sticking out at the bottom. The USKP removes the dead tree so you can see the sapling. Arthmoor's mod makes the sapling grow.

My mod also ensures the dead tree is removed as well since the USKP hasn't always had that fix. Though it should have been retroactively fixed.

I wasn't even seeing the branches of the sapling from within the dead one. However, incredibly, on the very day I read that the USKP removes the dead and plants the sapling (which until this thread I wasn't even aware was supposed to happen) and grumble that the USKP failed to do this for me, it actually DID! Tonight when I was walking through Whiterun, the tree was a sapling! I don't know why the USKP chose tonight to finally kick in and make the switch, I've visited Whiterun several times already since installing USKP.

Maybe the cell needed to reset. I've heard that it's very hard to see the cell resets in cities since you visit them so often.