Probably uploading USKP beta tonight...

I could have finished the onload last night but I threw in a couple more fixes (go figure :P ) so all I have left is about half the onload. Should be a few hours at most when I get home.

Anything to know before uploading it? Looks pretty self-explanatory... just hit the Upload button. Thanks. :)

Edited by Kivan

Yup, it's as simple as it looks. Right now, only the admins and members of the UKSP group can see and download files from the UKSP category.

Kivan, let us know who should be able to download the beta once you're done. All DC members, I'm guessing? Or guests too, which would be everybody - let us know.

Edit: Also, please create a thread in the Comment & Bug Reports forum (the public one for USKP). Threads don't get created automatically for uploads here.

Edited by AndalayBay

Permissions changed. All visitors should be able to download the file. Only members can comment and rate the file. I can disable those features if you wish.

FYI - The .bsl file is not required. That's a temporary file only used for uploading to Steam.

FYI - The .bsl file is not required. That's a temporary file only used for uploading to Steam.

I found when I got rid of it that the filenames in the BSA completely turned into gibberish regardless of whether I chose the two options for preserving and embedding filenames. (I couldn't find any documentation for TES Archive on creationkit.com either, or with it...)

Edited by Kivan

What options for preserving and embedding filenames? How did you pack this bsa?

It's a lot easier to just fake like you're going to publish to Steam. The file it creates is of the right type. You just cancel before actually uploading and the files will be of the right type.

Hrm... I manually pack it using Archive.exe. Thought that was what everyone did who wasn't uploading. :)

I'll definitely try that method out if it means I don't need the .BSL, but I think I may. If you used the same method when you sent me the update that had a BSA, the filenames in it were gibberish as well. I verified that they do extract that way too. I wondered why at the time.

What did you use to extract them? I've not had a problem with it on my side. I use the CK to make all of the BSA files I send out. Heck, even OBMM can list the contents inside of them without there being any gibberish.

Again, Archive.exe. I just tried that again using the CK as indicated. It made a BSA/BSL pair. When I opened them with the BSL present the filenames were legible. Without the BSL, they were gibberish (however this was in Archive.exe.)

Edit: I opened it in FO3Archive and it's fine... all the filenames show. So Archive.exe expects that BSL for some reason.

Edited by Kivan

I use BSAOpt to extract BSA files. I don't think you could use it to create a BSA because it does optimize the meshes, which may not be desirable in this case, but it's a nice tool for extracting BSA's.

Bottom line: archive.exe is junk. Doubtful anyone is going to try using it since better things exist :P The .bsl file is not required for distribution in any case.