how to mark mods as esls

nsm0220

It's really quite simple.  I use the Creation Kit to make my mods Light Masters.

There are two options under the File Dropdown Menu (image below),

- Compact Active File Form IDs: this compacts (burps) the file IDs in the active mod, making the mod smaller and conserving space.  Doing this is recommended for every mod, just to decease its footprint.
- Convert Active File to Light Master: This will validate the current file and if possible, create a Light Master (*.esl) file.

I assume (knowing full well what "assume" does) that if one wants to convert someone else's mod to an *.esl file, you simple stop here. 

For my own files; having completed the above two steps in order, I close the CK, relaunch the CK and then open the *.esl file as input.  Then, I simply use the Upload Plugin and Archive to Creations > PC (greyed out below) to create the mod package on Bethesda's website.  Once that is done, I collect the pieces the process created (*.bsa files and *.esl file), stick them in a *.7z file and upload it to AFK Mods. 

The upside; this process is identical for Fallout 4. 

Now, for the caveat.  This process is for MY mods, and not someone else's.  If you want to convert someone else's mod to an *.esl, there is also a process using xEdit which I am unfamiliar with, as I do not normally muck about with other mod makers mods.  This process is documented in Nexusmods.  My only piece of advice is to make damned sure you know what the mod and all it's pieces are about before undertaking this course. 

I hope this is helpful. 

image.png.dc65660c5164a14d78d6e00af6458f39.png

Edited by Scythe Bearer

I am going to assume; given this is the Skyrim Special Edition forum; you really don't want to talk about "tess edit".  "tess edit" is an archaic reference and refers to a version of the xEdit tool originally created for Oblivion and which no longer exists. 

I am going to further assume that you really want to talk about SSEEdit.  Now, for you're future reference, the "xEdit" I mentioned in my response above IS SSEEdit.  Furthermore, "xEdit" is also OBEdit, FO3Edit, FONVEdit, FO4Edit and SF1Edit.  It is the same tool in every case.  The difference in names is so the tool knows which game it is working with and set internal parameters accordingly.

This is all elementary stuff.  Are you sure you know what you're doing?  Do you know enough to even understand the documentation I linked to above?  If you think you're ready and you really want to proceed, just follow the link I gave you above.  Just be aware, the documentation in the link above may assume knowledge which you don't possess. 

9 hours ago, nsm0220 said:

what about tess edit

Less becomes more after a quick flick through the Tome:)

Posted (edited)

is there a program that can help turn them into esls i should use and also is any of mods in that notepad  i added can be esls or not

Edited by nsm0220

22 hours ago, nsm0220 said:

is there a program that can help turn them into esls i should use and also is any of mods in that notepad  i added can be esls or not

nsm0220, there is no magic bullet.  Turning a *.esp into a *.esl is currently a manual process and must be done one file at a time. 

With that, you have been given two sources of information, one being a guide and the other the documentation for the tool referenced in the guide.  Do your homework so our futures may hold some hope for an intelligent discussion.

As to your list, go find your own answers.  I have neither the time nor the inclination (nor the bandwidth) to download and review all those mods.  Nor do I imagine anyone else is willing to do your homework for you. 

Now, off with you.  Go find your answers in the material provided.  In short, RTFM.

3 hours ago, Scythe Bearer said:

nsm0220, there is no magic bullet.  Turning a *.esp into a *.esl is currently a manual process and must be done one file at a time. 

With that, you have been given two sources of information, one being a guide and the other the documentation for the tool referenced in the guide.  Do your homework so our futures may hold some hope for an intelligent discussion.

As to your list, go find your own answers.  I have neither the time nor the inclination (nor the bandwidth) to download and review all those mods.  Nor do I imagine anyone else is willing to do your homework for you. 

Now, off with you.  Go find your answers in the material provided.  In short, RTFM.

okay but you dont have to be rude

5 hours ago, nsm0220 said:

okay but you dont have to be rude

I tried to be gentle, but you wouldn't listen.  So I resorted to a bit of brusque language to try and get you to listen.  Think of it as tough love.