Museum

Altbert

It is working for me without any problem. Could you make the raised bottom a different BSTriNode? I had to lower the large box beneath a white marble pedestal, to make certain items better visible. If it is a separate BSTriNode, I could give it any texture that suits the objects I place in the display box (version 3b). 

If necessary I could write instructions how to use the resources (maybe in a PDF with images).

22 hours ago, ghastley said:

I admit I was expecting more issues. I usually have more problems with delivering stuff than producing it. 

This will probably get made into a simple resource mod, so it will need a readme with foolproof instructions on how to use it. Why do I think that part is going to be even harder?

Readme's are hard, we feel your pain.

While I am separating the raised bottom, I may as well start on the other variants.

I see a need for a choice of transparent or solid back, a choice of three positions for the hinge (current whole box  hinged at base rear - front  panel hinged at top - top panel hinged at rear). The solid back would have a wood texture on the outside, and a replaceable one on the inside, so it could hold a background image, or match the inside floor.

Maybe a vertical orientation, with a front opening panel hinged like a door. That is, two units high on a one unit square base. Same solid or transparent back options.

Default textures would all use the existing one, so you would only need additional dds files to change the interior surfaces.

Posted (edited)

Great! Boxes with all glass around could be placed in the room and those with a solid back could be placed at the walls. I will look into creating a separate texture for the standard bottom of the display cases, just to get more acquainted with NifSkope, as this has also been done with the glass.

Edit: Already quit trying to look into a separate texture for the bottom. Bad eye-hand coordination!! I'm getting too old for this shit!

Edited by Altbert