Is there an Archery mod...

Renee G

Is there an archery mod which drains Stamina as the archer maintains draw on a bowstring? 

Or.... what archery mods do you prefer, anyone who's still here? 

Hi, Renee!  I know of two mods that deplete Stamina for OldRim.  I haven't used either of them so I cannot vouch for quality.

Archery Gameplay Overhaul
"Holding your bow drawn really takes its toll. This mod adds a small shake to the camera and controller when your bow is drawn. After a while, your arms will start to shake more rapidly. Eventually, the shake will become very strong and your stamina will start to run out. The total drawn time scales with your Archery skill; you can see it in the MCM in the 'Statistics' tab."
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69033

Immersive Archery
"When you draw back your bow, your stamina will slowly be diminished until you hit zero. At that point, your character will stop drawing back the bow, and you will have to wait a few seconds to recharge your stamina. The other aspect of this mod is the unsteady untrained arm shake. How much it shakes depends on your skill level, the power of the bow, and current stamina points. The longer you hold, the more you will shake. A novice bowman will look like a novice bowman. A master archer, with high stamina will notice very little shake."
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/46073

Sweet, thanks Wyrd! I finally rolled an archer in Skyrim after all these years, so I'm not in a huge hurry to throw mods into the game, want to get well-accustomed to vanilla archery first. But eventually I know that is something I'm gonna want to add. I seem to recall you were an archer in real-life, and as you know, drawing a bow takes a lot of Strength. 

Wanna make it up to Pennsylvania one of these days! Ciao. :bigcookie:

Also, in your Skyrim.ini, under [Actor]

set the following:

fVisibleNavmeshMoveDist=12288.0000

(if this is not present, just copy and paste it into that section)

With the default setting (which is 4096), when using archery, long shots totally miss.

Edited by smr1957

1 hour ago, Renee G said:

Awesome, thanks smr1957. 

No problem!  Have fun!

If you're using USSEP (and why wouldn't you) then that ini setting is included in the patch's ini fragment so you don't need to edit the game's main one for it.

51 minutes ago, Arthmoor said:

If you're using USSEP (and why wouldn't you) then that ini setting is included in the patch's ini fragment so you don't need to edit the game's main one for it.

Now that's something I wasn't aware of.  That's the problem when you've been doing something for so long - you tend to keep doing it, even when it's no longer necessary.

Though, a quick question, is it possible that another mod may revert that back? (Thinking of a possible mod that does not carry forward USSEP changes - which god knows, there are enough of - especially some older ones; though, why wouldn't they, also applies.)

Edited by smr1957

Only if that other mod is including an ini fragment of its own that changes that setting to another value. This isn't something in a .esp file.