Welcome new members! Introduce yourself!

Sigurð Stormhand

A new arrival recently pointed out that we don't have a welcome thread.

So, go nuts guys - just no violence.

Great idea - glad to see it implemented so that we all can meet and greet the new members as they arrive!  And to all the new arrivals - welcome and glad you are here! :wave::banana::clap::beer:

Edited by smr1957

Okay HERE I am! :lol: Pretty sure I'm the n00b being referred to! :wave:

I'm Renee G. Just joined here yesterday. :) I do a lot gaming, a bit of modding (mostly quest-writing) and love the cooking  and outdoors. Have one daughter who is now in her third year of college. Am 54, voila. Gonna go into my entire gaming history now, hold on. :banana:

Saw my first videogame (PONG) when I was nine or ten. It was 1979, and I was at a party filled with mostly wasted adults, some of whom were playing this very simple game ... on TV!  :blink:That blew my mind, along with the minds of the wasted adults, to play a game on television. Back then however, there were no videogames, except in arcades, as some of you may know. Home consoles & computers like the Amiga hadn't become popular yet. 

During the '80s my family got an Atari 2600, while a friend of mine got a Commodore 64. That was interesting; I stuck with gaming consoles all my life, while she's still a PC gamer, almost strictly. Anyway, I got a Nintendo in college, but during most of the 1990s actually was not gaming at all.  I consider the '90s to be my gaming "Dark Ages". 

Year 2000: I was actually homeless by choice, living in Portland, Oregon where winters weren't so bad. Even though I was homeless I still had a job; I worked nights at a printer, often crashing at friends' places (or in my van) during the day. One of these friends had a daughter, who also had a Playstation. And one night I watched her playing Tomb Raider. THAT blew my mind: a 3D game which went on and ON and on... it seemed like that first excavation in Peru would never end. Since I worked nights, I often slept during the day, but in this case I woke up earlier than usual at some point so I could sneak some Tomb Raider on my own, while my friend was at work / kids were at school! :p 

Wasn't long afterward that I moved into a house, and got a Playstation of my own, so I could play Tomb Raider all I wanted!  

2002 or 3: I saw Morrowind at a party, assumed it was on Playstation or PS2, alas it never was.  I actually spent most of the 2000s looking for this fantastic game with all the fog in it, unaware it was Xbox or PC-only! :O 

October 24, 2008, 9:24 PM: Got Oblivion after reading about this game in an online game-reviews site. Yep, I still remember the exact date and time I rolled Lady Anne, my very first character! Played OB for HOURS, and called in 'sick' to work the next day, so I could play some more!

November 11/11/11: was outside my local Gamestop at midnight, for obvious reasons. :whistle:

2013: Got my first personal computer. Used it for playing Oblivion until I got a clothing mod which slowed my framerates to slideshow speed!

04/14/2014: got my first gaming computer, which I still have. Began modding right away, of course. Nowadays I'm comfortable enough with computers that I'm thinking I might build my own, before Elder Scrolls VI comes out. But I also still enjoy the simplicity of console gaming too. 

That's enough for now!  

Edited by Renee G