How can I achieve a TRUE vanilla experience on SSE? (no free creations)

vanillaFTW

Hello members of AFK mods. I come to you in a time of great need. Compelled by a great desire to play vanilla Skyrim (and mental illness) I have been trying to desperately make Skyrim SSE just like Oldrim. I want to remove Fishing, Rare Curio, Saints & Seducers, and Survival. I have nothing against these CC's they are great but I find them either to be super intrusive or unnecessary. Jokes aside, my goal is to get rid of the content completely and have it not show up on my "Installed Content" tab in the game's menu.

I deleted all the cc-prefixed bsa & esm files for each creation, Skyrim.ccc, MarketplaceTextures.bsa, _ResourcePack.bsa, and _ResourcePack.esl. The content appears to be gone from the game but I have been read conflicting things about the necessity of having these creations otherwise it might break the game and I was wondering if there is something else I need to do to ensure that deleting these files doesn't break the game.

I also want to these CC's to not show up on the "Installed Content" tab. How can I achieve that? I don't know anything about the game files so if someone has the answer to my questions I'd be really grateful if you share! Thank you for reading. :)

I am going to assume that you are a PC player.  If not, you're out of luck.

HOWEVER, if you are a PC player, you can purchase and play the original Skyrim from Steam.  Here is the link: https://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/discussions/0/1692669912384122796/

Just know that trying to make the latest version of SSE look like the original game is a fools errand.  You would also need to eviscerate the game engine to get rid of all the CC/DLC stuff.  

Good luck.

40 minutes ago, Scythe Bearer said:

I am going to assume that you are a PC player.  If not, you're out of luck.

HOWEVER, if you are a PC player, you can purchase and play the original Skyrim from Steam.  Here is the link: https://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/discussions/0/1692669912384122796/

Just know that trying to make the latest version of SSE look like the original game is a fools errand.  You would also need to eviscerate the game engine to get rid of all the CC/DLC stuff.  

Good luck.

Thank you so much for your response. I am sorry for neglecting to mention that I am on PC in my original post. I considered getting Oldrim on Steam but I read that it isn't as stable as SSE. I appreciate you letting me know that my goal is not possible. I think my best option at this point is to just downgrade to a version of SSE that didn't have the creations but I was really hoping I could also keep the recent bug fixes. But c'est la vie you can't have it all lol. Thanks again! 

Edit: Just incase you see this: Do you think deleting the files would be okay or am I likely to run into trouble with them missing?

Edited by vanillaFTW

Backleveled SSE isn't all that stable either, unless you're willing to install a ton of "fixes".  jus' sayin'.

Using disabling mods like Saints and Seducers Begone might work out to be a better option, haven't tried them though.

Tragical, because for the time being at least we'll just have to live with these spooky files on our disks! :yuck:

14 hours ago, lmstearn said:

Tragical, because for the time being at least we'll just have to live with these spooky files on our disks! :yuck:

Ah the struggle continues lmao! Thank you for the suggestion btw!

21 hours ago, Scythe Bearer said:

Backleveled SSE isn't all that stable either, unless you're willing to install a ton of "fixes".  jus' sayin'.

I appreciate your insight on this! I thought of this idea while indulging on some skooma last night. I was thinking if it would be possible to downgrade SSE to a pre creations version and then use something like SSEEdit to copy only the changes from the newer versions that fixes bugs? 

I don't know much of anything about how the files work in Skyrim and something tells me that it's a naive idea and that patches involve more than just editing the .esm files.

I'm still on Oldrim and it runs as stable as SSE. No crashes with 200 Mods installed. If you install stuff clever and make a bashed patch it's great. I don't feel the need to change to SSE. Tried that and was annoyed :devil:

Have to agree with Tasheni.  I went back to LE months ago because I prefer it visually and had occasional freezes on SE I couldn't resolve.   I keep a crash-free load order profile on MO1 that I use as a starting point to build future profiles/characters.  Usually have between 150-200 esps and no issues with the game.