Author: MadCat221 (MadCat221@gmail.com)
First release: January 24, 2016
3. Version History
The Dawnguard. Skyrim's last best hope against the Volkihar Clan menace. They have a variety of specialized tools of the trade. However, this arsenal seems... incomplete. They have a Crossbow, a War Axe, a War Hammer, and a small collection of Sun Damage spells.
This mod aims to expand their arsenal. The melee weapon set is now complete, the Sun Damage spell is now nearly as complete as the main line Destruction spells, and the arsenal is now doled out to the named Dawnguard members as well.
A list of changes:
* Dawnguard blade weapons. These were made from scratch. A dagger, arming sword, and greatsword, each at Dwarven tier base damage like the two original Dawnguard melee weapons. They all have the Dawnguard emblem on the hilt, and Arkay's braided knot on the pommel.
* Dawnguard Battle Axe and Battle Hammer. There is now a 2H axe, and in place of a mace is now a 1H hammer. When all you have is a Dawnguard Battlehammer, every vampire looks like a nail. These weapons have been interspersed to a few weapon racks in the fort.
** For a War Axe that isn't absurdly thick on the cutting edge, check out my other mod, Skyrim Weapon De-LARP-ification Project: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/16072/?
* Dawnguard melee weapon special damage has been improved. Instead of a measly +5 damage against only vampires that is easily outdone with plain Silver weapons, it now behaves like Silver weapons (with +20 damage against a wider variety of unnaturals). Against vampires in particular, it has more stagger power (except daggers) and inflicts a bleed effect.
* Dawnguard weapons are now craftable, and have "Elite" versions available as well, boosted up to Glass-tier. These can only be forged at the Dawnguard smithy. Compatibility version with Ars Metallica is available.
* Sun damage spells are fleshed out and added to Florentius's inventory. In addition to the original Sun Fire, Vampire's Bane, and Stendarr's Aura, there are now the following:
** Sun Ray: The piddly little Novice concentration/spray spelll.
** Meridian Rune: Granted by Meridia, the Daedric Prince of Light, this proximity explosive rune burns undead but nothing else. Hey, the Dawnguard takes whatever help it can with the Vamprie menace.
** Holy Ground: The hazard spray spell. Bless the ground so that nothing profaned by undeath may walk upon it.
** Gaze of Arkay: The big daddy master spell. Unleash a torrent of sun damage in a manner not unlike Lightning Storm. It'll be available at the same time as Expert-level Restoration spells.
* Existing sun damage sound effects have been adjusted to be more appropriate.
* Several Dawnguard members have been uprated:
** Isran should now sport proper heavy armor, and his warhammer has been replaced with a new Greatsword.
** Sorine should now start with a Dwarven (standard) Crossbow and some steel bolts.
** Gunmar should now ditch that butterfly swatter axe and have a proper Dawnguard axe.
** Florentius will now have robes that don't clip with his armored boots/gauntlets, and will get rid of his junky iron sword for a Dawnguard sword.
** Many other less prominent members have had armament switcheroos as well.
** Ideally, these will work with a New Game. However, I have made a retroactive script that should effect these changes as well. Much of the aspects on the NPCs in question that I altered may be baked in data in the save.
* Dawnguard armor only now requires at least three pieces to gain the Vampire-resistive effects. This allows you to go hemletless but still have the body, boots, and gloves components and gain the Vampire resistance.
Unpack the ESP module and BSA archive into your Skyrim/Data folder and activate. If you use the latest version of Ars Metallica, it is strongly suggested to use the compatibility patch, have Dawnguard Arsenal load after Ars Metallica, and the patch load after both.
3. VERSION HISTORY
* First release.
v 1.1 (Jan 25, 2016):
* A method to have sun damage spell impacts create light has been devised. All light spells will now have a actual (brief) light flash at the point of impact in addition to the existing impact mesh.
* Gaze of Arkay has been rebalanced to be more in-line with existing Destruction damage/magicka ratios (IE: roughly 50-60% the base cost for the same base damage)
* Gaze of Arkay had to have its effects reconfigured to remove an un-circumventable bug where it would cause aggro despite causing no actual damage to the naturally living. As a result, there can be no more explosions at impact point. Please report back on visuals: Too bright?
* Sun Ray's projectile light has been toned down.
* A few USLEEP fixes have been carried over into override forms. No dependency requirements added.
Leather texture by Tsabo6 (Alexander Nanitchkov): http://www.deviantart.com/art/Leather-texture-82368154
Metal texture by Nobiax: http://nobiax.deviantart.com/art/Commission-Medieval-textures-406572548
Ars Metallica by Arthmoor, compatibility patch made with permission: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/16084/?