Jump to content

The actual location and the word location are not seperated LocationUSA.


Recommended Posts

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the fantastic job you are doing and for welcoming the people who are coming over from the Bethesda Forums. :clap:

This is a small issue. When you add a location the word location and the actual location are not separated.  Example: LocationUSA as opposed to Location USA.  I put a ( : ) and a space in front of my location so it looks like this ( Location: USA ). That may be a good option for anyone who is actually concerned about this. 

Great job Guys! :D

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

Yeah, I was noticing that, but I'm not sure if it's a bug in IPB or in the theme we're using.

It is so minor I would be curious to know what it was. No experience with forums. Great job BTW.

47 minutes ago, Pseron Wyrd said:

That's a great idea.  I'm going to do that too. Thanks!

No problem.  : USA does seem to look better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2021 at 8:34 PM, Arthmoor said:

theme we're using.

Hey Arthmoor, Most likely fixable in the css of the theme.

<li data-role="custom-field" class="ipsResponsive_hidePhone ipsType_break">
		
<span class="ft">Location</span><span class="fc">: USA</span>
	</li>

I am not sure if you are able to use what is called a "child theme" with this platform. It allows you to make changes to the themes code and not have them overwritten during an update.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Old Salty Croc said:

image.thumb.png.e1756ae9acb677af6234605e5bacd896.png

Now I see it.  Thanks.

 

Here's another bug.  I was looking for the 'Go to last Unread post' option, couldn't find it so I was going to just jump to page 10, and the option falls behind the post so I can't access it (or read it).

image.png.21525609ec7e940049f2f5db1033e071.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LeBurns said:

I was looking for the 'Go to last Unread post' option, couldn't find it 

I haven't found that either.  The nearest thing I have found is clicking on the time (i.e. "Monday at 11:06 PM") next to the last poster's name it will take you to the last post in the thread.  Then I scroll up until I find the last post I've read. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Pseron Wyrd said:

I haven't found that either.  The nearest thing I have found is clicking on the time (i.e. "Monday at 11:06 PM") next to the last poster's name it will take you to the last post in the thread.  Then I scroll up until I find the last post I've read. 

I did find it.  It's the blue dot at the front of the thread.  The dot won't be there unless there are some unread posts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, LeBurns said:

I did find it.  It's the blue dot at the front of the thread.  The dot won't be there unless there are some unread posts.

Oh!   Duh, I never noticed that before.  *faceoalm*  Thank you very much!  :clap:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LeBurns said:

Now I see it.  Thanks.

 

Here's another bug.  I was looking for the 'Go to last Unread post' option, couldn't find it so I was going to just jump to page 10, and the option falls behind the post so I can't access it (or read it).

image.png.21525609ec7e940049f2f5db1033e071.png

 

 

image.png.3621e2f256aca577e606ec41b90f28e1.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Pseron Wyrd said:

Old Salty Croc,  "last page" is different than "last unread post".   LeBurns was wondering how to get to "last unread post"...and he found it.  :)

Well actually if the thread has say 30 pages, and I want to get to page 26, the tab that would let me do that is bugged.

But I was looking for last post when I found the bug.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The page jump issue looks like it may be a browser problem. I'm using Firefox 88 and when I click on the jump control the box to input a page displays properly for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arthmoor said:

The page jump issue looks like it may be a browser problem. I'm using Firefox 88 and when I click on the jump control the box to input a page displays properly for me.

I'm on MS Edge.  I can try Chrome and see what happens.  Give a sec.

Chrome does it also.  BUT, both work correctly for this thread.  But when I try it on the thread listed below, I get the bug in MS Edge and Chrome.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, that's the thread I tried it with using Firefox. Works as expected.

Not overly surprising that you'd get the same bug in both Edge and Chrome since Edge is basically a Microsoft skinned version of Chrome now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

Yep, that's the thread I tried it with using Firefox. Works as expected.

Not overly surprising that you'd get the same bug in both Edge and Chrome since Edge is basically a Microsoft skinned version of Chrome now.

Well it's not a big deal as most threads are not 10+ pages long anyway.  Not much you can do about a browser bug I suppose.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...