New Bug added to Bugtracker, but upload not possible?

Lonewanderer

Hello,

I just played a bit more FO4, and received a quest: 'Kidnapping at County Crossing', via Radio Freedom. I have a save exactly after receiving this quest, but before accepting it at County Crossing. But I am unable to upload it to my bug report!

This is my bug report: Issue #25780

I add the save here, so somebody can look at this. It would be better to attach it to the bug report in the tracker, but this won't work, it always states it failed because the file may not exist. Is this normal? Upload here works fine.

I actually tried to solve the quest twice (no sweat, character is strong enough), and both times the quest marker pointed into an empty location, no body, no NPC. The place is quite cramped and a big 'Mr Handy Fuel' is there, so maybe the NPC did not fit. In a YT video somebody solved a kidnapping in exact this location (Revere Beach Station) and my quest marker points to exactly the location where in the YT video the victim was.

Something did not work, maybe the NPC spawned under the floor, or failed to spawn. I accepted the quest twice, starting each time from the save added here, by walking to Count Crossing, talking to the quest giver (a settler) and then running over to Revere Beach Station. From receiving the quest to arriving in the victims supposed location (plus cleaned out everything) only a short time (real time and game time) has gone by. I visited the location before, for some quest, I think. So the named Raider Boss was no longer present, but the rest was set up fine, outside an inside, so I do not think it is a setup problem.

The third time I had enough and paid the ransom, quest ended normally then. But a bit unsatisfying.

My game version: PC, 1.10.120, all official DLC, no mods except UFO4P (2.06b), no CC mods, nothing at all!

Can I do something to help? Can I somehow find the ID of the victim? There seems to be a way to fix it with the console, but this will not help to find the problem! I did not try it, since the quest can be solved by paying the ransom.

Thank you

Kidnapping_no_victim_Before_accepting_quest.rar

Sorry I didn't get to this sooner but the upload was being rejected because linux devs can't leave stuff where it belongs so the server was looking for a config file in a different place from where I had edited the old one.

5 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

Sorry I didn't get to this sooner but the upload was being rejected because linux devs can't leave stuff where it belongs so the server was looking for a config file in a different place from where I had edited the old one.

Thank you for looking into it, I just uploaded the save (as a comment to my own report), I cannot see it, but this time it went error free, and took a bit to finish, so I think it worked.