About bugfix #20215

IcedGreen

I would post this on the tracker, but I don't seem to have access to open new tickets

Preplaced bodies in the following settlements will now clean up properly once the player has taken them over: Croup Manor, Kingsport Lighthouse, Sunshine Tidings, Taffington Boathouse, National Park Visitor Center. (Bug #20215)

May I ask about how much time I have to wait until the clean up happens? It varies from settlement to settlement? Because it's taking forever to clean up the dead ghouls and the dead settler at Sunshine Tidings. The bodies from Taffington and Croup Manor vanished alright, but not from sunshine tidings. Let me know if you need a save.

Since we cannot disable refs when there is a risk that this could happen in plain sight of the player, we have to wait until the area unloads. More specifically, until all refs that need to be disabled have unloaded. This process doesn't start running until the player owns the respective workshop. Therefore, it usually takes place the first time the area unloads after the player gained control of the workshop.

The Sunshine Tidings cleanup missed two ghoul bodies because they are in cells that do not form part of the workshop location, although they're still within the buildable area (Bug #23763). This has been fixed for UFO4P 2.0.4 but that fix was not retroactive (i.e. they won't be disabled unless you start a new game).

hm

I started a new game without any mods but the unofficial patch 2.0.5b and f4se to test this

claimed 2 workshops, taffington and sunshine tidings

note I used console commands, tmm 1 to allow fast travel without walking half the map and tgm otherwise the bugs at taffington would make quick work of me

then I used set timescale to 2500 to speed up time

the dead bramin and the corpse at tafington dissapeared, while all the ghouls at sunshine tidings are still there

take a look at the save and let me know if using the console to test this was a wrong move, I can try again without using it if necessary

also uploaded logs from the session

Quicksave0_7C47DFFFM4E617465_Commonwealth_000035_20181030223837_2_2.fos

Papyrus.0.log

Papyrus.1.log

Console commands force the game to operate in ways that it wasn't ever intended to, so the fix needs to be tested without using them.

Which ghouls ? The pre-placed DEAD ones or those that you killed (i.e. the bodies of the pre-placed LIVE actors)

We only handle pre-placed DEAD ones because they are never cleaned up otherwise. Pre-placed LIVE actors are clened up by the engine eventually after they have been killed. Though, in a very fresh game with few actors loaded so far, this may take a while.

Side note: altering the time scale won't change anything because scripts need real time to process their tasks. This time won't change, so the only thing gained by altering the time scale is a longer game time span for scripts to finish running.

alright, here's another save this time without any console at all

same situation, both taffington and sunshine claimed, pre placed bodies at taffington cleared, pre placed bodies at sunshine still there

AND YES, PRE PLACED FERAL CORPSES AND THE DEAD SETTLER NEAR THE MAGAZINE AND CHEST

Of course I may be wrong, but I'm suspecting this fix isn't working on sunshine tidings because on my other saves all other settlements with pre placed bodies have them despawned, true to what the patch log says, except sunshine tidings

and now with a fresh test save, taffington pre placed brahmin and setller corpses have despawned, while sunshine tidings pre placed bodies are still there

why sunshine tidings take more time? I claimed the sunshine workshop first, in fact

Quicksave0_6E2B9E9AM4E617465_Commonwealth_000037_20181031000403_2_2.fos

Papyrus.0.log

BTW, I found Fred O'Connel body just north on the road near Taffington boathouse, guess the quest Human Error is spawing the dead caravan on the game start. But he's still a random encounter, and while the patch mentions his random encounter will not happen after you do the quest, it's weird that if you never do the quest you can have 2 Fred O'Connels on the game world, one dead and one possible random encounter

Fallout4_2018_10_30_20_57_59_937.png

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump, but can I get a follow up on this? If I need to open a proper ticket in your tracker, can someone grant me the necessary permissions? Thanks.

On 10/31/2018 at 1:14 AM, IcedGreen said:

alright, here's another save this time without any console at all

Is that gamesave from the game you used a console command?

If so then that gamesave cannot be *clean* for testing a bug, if there is a bug that is.

20 hours ago, IcedGreen said:

Sorry to bump, but can I get a follow up on this? If I need to open a proper ticket in your tracker, can someone grant me the necessary permissions? Thanks.

Can you login, in the same way as you login in the forum?

If not then you need to register I think, unless Arthmoor have changed something.