Cabbage Bleeds Bug

Pokestar

Hello there! Please excuse me for posting my issue like this, but it seems I'm unable to submit it on the bug tracker page. :|

While doing some high-toned investigations anyways, my tank Altmer character accidentally discovered that cabbage apparently can't help but bleed and sound like wounded flesh at his sharp elven battleaxe's stroke. He determined that the same phenomenon applies to the lesser strength of other weapons or even his fists as well. :innocent:

I'm playing on PC and got the latest version of USLEEP / USSEP installed, properly reinstalled in order to make sure all its fixes would overwrite everything, too. I also went through the patch's changelog and tried to find the issue listed there, but it wasn't. So I went ahead to report this mysterious fact here.

Take a look. Sorry in advance if this bug is indeed fixed already and the issue is on my end. I came here with only the best intentions. :)

20180601124231_1.jpg

20180601124221_1.jpg

20180601124241_1.jpg

:rofl:

I  checked in my game and the same thing happens. Not sure how to go about fixing it assuming it's possible to do so. Maybe it's a similar problem to that wall in the Riften Jail that would bleed when hit.

I'm now playing Skyrim quite rarely and I'm not very active on the modding/fixing bugs scene but I assume it's a wrong material set in the mesh collision layer. The cabbage (and all flora in general) has the 'SKY_HAV_MAT_GRASS' one. Try another one (just to see). You can also try SMIM meshes to see how they are behaving.

The problem could also come from the cart mesh, which material could be set to something that 'bleeds on impact'.

EDIT : I checked, and it looks like the cabbage01.nif mesh from USSEP sets the 'SKY_HAV_MAT_ORGANIC' material, where SMIM keeps the 'SKY_HAV_MAT_GRASS' one. That's the explanation...

Also, rifrmsmpartitionbase01.nif from USSEP has no material set where it should have the 'SKY_HAV_MAT_STONE' one. Pete, was it the wall you were refering ?

Glad I could help and find something that in fact is a bug. :)

One more question from my side, whilst maybe not related to this specific bug: Is this fix incorporated into USLEEP / USSEP already? Just something I stumbled across a few minutes ago.

The change of havok material on the cabbages was entirely my fault (bug #23058). I keep forgetting that organic is only for skin type things. I'll put in a regression ticket for next update.

Is this fix incorporated into USLEEP / USSEP already?

No, and it doesn't look like a candidate either.